cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM Expiry

drntcm
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
I'm travelling back and forth to Canada quite often. Will be staying for about a month or more on each trip. Trips will be 1-6 months apart.

I'm not too worried about my number changing. Just wondering if the SIM will deactivate or expire forcing me to buy a new SIM every time.
11 REPLIES 11

klausenhauser

I appreciate this thread. I am in the same situation!

Good to know that after this 90 day package I got, I can just sign up for the 10 day/text and get another 90 days. I guess to just remember to have some money in the account for that!

PS. I find the service great! I was on ROGERS pay as you go and I definitely did not get LTE. I set up the sim from overseas and the moment I landed in Canada it worked fine.

@Tsqred a ported number will be returned to original cell provider after 90 days

So on the 91st day anyone can use it

Tsqred

I am reading the dialog and just curious about the lost of a phone number when the SIM expires after 90 days of no active plan.

I ported my old number to PM and currently on the cheapest plan which is 10 days global text for $11 but I don't plan to keep after it expires. I also have gotten another new number from PM which I am currently using it.

If I don't want the old number anymore and I let the SIM expire, will the number be lost for real? Can someone from PM or any other providers pick up my old phone number? I really don't want any other people to have it.

Thanks.

ute1978
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I have never seen a data only promo.

But to be honest, I've been with PM only for 7 months.

drntcm
That isn't a big worry for me. I'm primarily a data only user. Have the data only rates been consistent or are they on promo as well?

ute1978

The bigger question is:

If you want to re-activate the $120 plan again, will this plan be still available because you changed to that global texting in between???

So if you want to go back to 90 days of service you will have to take whatever price is available for the plan.

drntcm
Ok, thanks! That works for me.

ute1978

Yes, no longer than 90 days without plan.

No, you have to have at least one of the features activated in order to work.

The cheapest way to reset the 90 days is the 10 day global texting for $11.

drntcm
Thanks for the quick replies. OK, so I can't go more than 90 days without any plan.

According to the plan calculator, I can choose 10 day plan with no talk, no text and no data for $5. Would that reset my 90 day clock?

Pier

Hi @drntcm

@After 90 days your account is deactivated and the SIM card is nothing. If you want to keep your SIM card alive, you can recharge your account always before 90 days. 

Yours,

ute1978

As long as you keep the plan activated the sim will not expire.

But if you do not keep the plan activated and you do not pay on renewal date, the account will be suspended and after 90 days you will lose your account, the balance in it and the phone number forever.

After 90 days of suspension the sim card/account cannot be activated anymore.

Need Help? Let's chat.