cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM Card "Invalid"

Elena7777777
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am trying to change my plan and entered my SIM card# which is 100% the way it appears on my SIM card. There are no smudged numbers on my public mobile SIM card so there is no way I make a mistake when entering 19 digits of my SIM card# ( which I verified anout 6 times). Yet I et the same error message that the SIM card is invalid. Maybe Public Mobile is making me re-order a new card this way?

8 REPLIES 8

Elena7777777

I sent an email to moderator.Thank you!

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Elena7777777 you can contact the Moderator Team via private message to ask for the plan change.  They are able to do this for legacy customers as well.  To do this, please see the info below:

How can you get help with your account, activation, or service?

In your message please include:

• PM Phone Number, 4 digit PIN, Account email address, Detailed explanation of your issue

Don't know your pin?--provide any 3 of the following:

• Complete mailing address, Email address, Alternate phone number, Date of birth, Last top up date & amount

How long until they reply?:

• Business Hours: Mon-Thursday 9am to 9pm, and Friday, Saturday, and Sunday from 9am to 7:30pm [Totonto Time].
  • Messages are replied to during business hours and in the order they are received
  • Typical response time is between 1-3 hours, depending on message queue, but can be up to 48 hours.
  • There is no need to send multiple messages.

Additional Useful Information:

• Search PM-GUIDE (remove "-" during the search) to find some informative posts and answers to many common questions about Public Mobile

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Elena7777777 that is frustrating for sure!  I've reached out so see if the moderator team are able to do plan changes for legacy customers and will get back to you when I hear back.  If so, that will likely be an easier/quicker route for you than waiting on hold forever.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Elena7777777

Thank you for the answers. What you are suggesting I tried in the first place. I logged in to my account, clicked on "change plan" and the following msg apepared: 

"Thinking of changing your rate plan? We thought you should know that you will not be able to move back to your previous plan once a change has been made. If you still want to change to one of our new plans, please call *611. Sorry, rate plan changes are currently not available on-line."

I called PM about 5 times (at *611) at different times and days (in the past 6 days). The first time I was on hold for 1 hour+, then I hung up, the sunsequent time I was on gold for about 20 min before hanging up. What should I do?

Like will13am was saying, the sim card has already been used.  It has been used because it's already attached to your account.  Unless this is some type of new website bug, you should never be asked for your sim card number unless you have requested that a change be made to your active sim card. 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

I believe the system response of invalid SIM card means the card has been used already.  As mentioned, there is no need to re-enter a SIM card for plan changes.  It only comes in to play when starting up a new account or changing SIM card for an existing account. 

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@Elena7777777 As Shawn mentioned above, you don't need to enter the sim card to change your plan. I think you are trying to change your plan at the wrong place. To change your plan, login to your PM account where that sim was activated on and change your plan from there. There are two options to change your plan. Either immediately which requires the full payment first or on your next renewal date. 

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Elena7777777, if you are just trying to change your plan why do you have to enter in your SIM card number?  *I have never changed plan so not sure is this a requirement*

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.