cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM Card | Cannot Receive Calls

scbgilbert
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I had to swap my SIM card yesterday as my phone stopped working and didn't show PM carrier on the home screen. Purchased a new SIM. Swapped the new SIM on my PM Self-Serve account. I can make calls, but cannot receive calls. I factory reset my phone. I reset mobile network settings and still cannot make calls. People have tried to call me and stated that my number is not in service. 

17 REPLIES 17

scbgilbert

after many emails and troubleshooting the issue is now resolved.

It took some time but the "CS_Agent" had to reset the plan in the backend to make it work 

scbgilbert

@hTideFnow 

I am in the process of chatting with a CS_Agent. Narrowed down a few troubleshooting ideas and determined I had to get another NEW SIM card. Currently they are doing the SIM swap at the moment. 

hTideFnow
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@scbgilbert 

open a ticket with PM CS_Agent. at : https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.to check your account,

type: Contact Us and Other
Finally Click here to submit a ticket
you will then direct to another page to open ticket.

If you have error submitting a ticket, send a private message to the CS_Agent: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

check inbox(top right corner envelope icon) for response from CS_Agent.

Oh! Well that's new information. Yes there seems to be a trending problem here with these plan changes. Quite ridiculous if you ask me. So all you can do is wait for support it seems.

scbgilbert

@dust2dust 

switched from 3G & 5 gb data, unlimited talk/text, to 4G & 6 gb data, unlimited talk/text.

Changed yesterday. I wonder if that could be a reason why I am having issues. 

scbgilbert

@dust2dust 

Yeah. I hope this can be resolved with CS_Agent soon. The PM web portal isn't recognizing my login credentials for some odd reason. Turning out to be quite the morning. 

Yes I know. It was added information for the fact that you tried the lost/stolen function in an attempt to fix the problem. I would say it's not your sim. I would say it's your account. Even from the start I would not have suggested replacing the sim. But here you are.

Adding - and what about texting and cellular data?

scbgilbert

@dust2dust 

That is good info. I do see reward dollars on my profile. My issue is my SIM card.

"Switched" as in ported out? After January? Then you came back? Then you would be on points.

But if you are seeing the reward dollars added to your account at renewal then you're on rewards. So if the system bug is still with us after the recent system change then the rewards won't properly pay in on your next renewal. After that then you'll need to get them to add the reward amounts to your account. So watch for the rewards after your next renewal.

scbgilbert

@dust2dust 

I believe I would be on "rewards". I switched and tried the Shaw Mobile for two days and it was a hot mess and quickly came back to PM

If you signed up after January then you would be on points. If before, and you didn't switch to points, then you'd be on rewards.

scbgilbert

@dust2dust 

I tried those steps and still did not work.

I am not sure which point system I am on. 

While you wait, maybe you could try the lost/stolen function. Login, profile, lost/stolen, suspend, log out, log back in and back, resume, log out, restart phone. Maybe that will reset things.

Are you on the new points system or the old rewards system?

scbgilbert

@BKNS27 

Thank you. I will circle back and close this loops once a solution has been found. 

@scbgilbert 

Sorry, PM is all online service so you need to contact them by private message (envelope icon) top of page or type in Create a Ticket through SIMon Chatbot bottom of page.

scbgilbert

Appreciate the quick reply. 

When you say "CS_Agent" do you mean someone at a physical Kiosk mobile phone stand? 

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@scbgilbert 

On your old SIM, was your account Active?You only need to get a new SIM if you account is Closed. It sounds like you tried everything, try rebooting your phone by powering it off then on.

If that fails, you need to contact a CS_Agent to see what is wrong with the old SIM.

Need Help? Let's chat.