cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM Card Activation Failed

jwestacott
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I tried to activate my new sim card and got all the way to the last page with porting my number over from Rogers and then got this error.

"- Sorry, your account activation request has failed. Please visit our online community at href=" https://publicmobile.ca/community" Target="_blank">publicmobile.ca/community for assistance."

I tried going back and activating again but the SIM field just highlights red when I put in the SIM number and wont let me continue. Can someone help out with this as I am eager to get this activated and close my old account from Rogers.

6 REPLIES 6

jwestacott

@Mary_M

Unforuntately not so good on my end. I was able to logon to Self Service now and texting and data are working but I unfortunately still cant recieve calls. When you call my number it goes to my old Rogers voice mail. Can you have another look asap so we can get this resolved?

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @jwestacott

Just an update for the thread - everything is looking good 🙂

Cheers,

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

jwestacott
As an update just discovered that old sim card from Rogers is no longer receiving text messages. When I pop in the PM card I get a text that someone is sending me text messages but I don't have a text plan and to sign into the self service portal to add one. When I go to self service portal it does not allow me to logon or reset password as it doesn't recognize me. So essentially half my services are on Public Mobile and half still working on Rogers.

Can a Mod please help? I understand you are swamped but this is extremely frustrating when you rely on these services for your job. I feel like I am stuck in limbo and who knows when someone will get this fixed for me. Hoping I didn't make a mistake switching.

jwestacott

Can anyone help other than waiting for a moderator? I have PM'd mods but as many others have mentioned the message has not been read. I rely on this for work and unfortunately cant go days without this working. Please help asap if possible. 

jwestacott

PM'd can a mod help?

@Jeremy_M

@Shazia_K

@Mary_M

Kaiyo
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
Need Help? Let's chat.