cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Running out of data soon

withashout
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello.  I have a month to month 500 GB Data Plan. The next payment date is Oct. 28, 2018.  My current data usage is 390 GB with 11 days still to go.

What will happen if I exceed 500 GB before Oct. 28, 2018? 

Will I be unable to use any more data until Oct. 28, 2018? 

Or will be I charged $$$ per MB over 500 GB?

Thank you.

4 REPLIES 4

@withashout wrote:

I really meant 500 MB/mth for $30.  Thanks for the correction.  For $35, I would receive 1 GB of data per month.  Do I need to wait for the Oct. 28, 2018 renewal date to change my data plan?

If you run out of data, I would make the change immediately so that you don't have to buy a data add on.  However, you won't get any refund on the amount you paid for your current plan.

But if you can make it until the 28th with the data that you have,  you can future-date a plan change so that it automatically changes at the time of your renewal.  Do not wait until your renwal date to manually make a change because that could make it so that you end up accidently renewing for another billing cycle on your old plan.  Then, if you change your plan after that has happened, you'll end up paying for 2 different plans.

withashout
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I really meant 500 MB/mth for $30.  Thanks for the correction.  For $35, I would receive 1 GB of data per month.  Do I need to wait for the Oct. 28, 2018 renewal date to change my data plan?

If you find that you are routinely go your 500 MB alocated monthly data amount, you may wish to consider changing your plan.  There data add-ons available but personally, I don't find the pricing to be very good.   By the way, you don't have 500 GB per month.  That would actually be more than 1000 times more data than your plan includes. 

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@withashout wrote:

Hello.  I have a month to month 500 GB Data Plan. The next payment date is Oct. 28, 2018.  My current data usage is 390 GB with 11 days still to go.

What will happen if I exceed 500 GB before Oct. 28, 2018? 

Will I be unable to use any more data until Oct. 28, 2018? 

Or will be I charged $$$ per MB over 500 GB?

Thank you.

Your data will stop. It is a prepaid service if you haven't paid for it you won't get it and there is never any overage charges with PM

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.