cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming problem

Freeman2059
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have noticed a problem that I have been having trouble fixing. I am getting roaming messages and limitations in my service, despite me not being in the States as well as having roaming turned off on my phone. I get messages from Public Mobile stating that to roam I need to get addons, yet I am not in the States. I also get random service, where I can phone far places in Canada at times, and other times cannot call a small town near me. I recognize I live close to the border, and a strong tower on the other side probably tries to take my signal. I had this problem with Rogers before, as they were charging me extra, but after I told them my circumstances they made it so my signal would not connect as easily to the American tower a couple of miles away. The breaks in service match up with the idea that the phone is connecting to American towers, and since I don't have any roaming packages, then I have breaks in service. I tried the chat, but they have not given me any direction for an answer. So I am posting here to see if there are similar problems/solutions to this problem?

5 REPLIES 5

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

I have the same problem when I am at a border town in the US. Manually connect to T-Mobile but it connects but no service on my TextNow SIM. I need to go further south for it to work.

Freeman2059
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you everyone! I will look into all these solutions and update on what works! Thanks

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Freeman2059 , the only solution is to manually connect to the Public Mobile network instead of letting the phone auto connect.  Once you connect to a US tower, it disrupts your Canadian usage.  One good thing with this prepaid service is that you will never get a surprise bill for roaming.  

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Freeman2059  Maybe try to manually connect to public mobile instead of on automatic 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Freeman2059 

the message might mean your account is suspended due to missed payment.  Login My Account using Incognito/Private/Secret mode and check if your account is active

if you live close to the border, change the network to Manual and Pick Public Mobile from three

Need Help? Let's chat.