cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Right now I am not able to refer people to Public Mobile. :(

Michael77
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I really want to refer my friend to Public Mobile but the promotions are not very good. So I called Zoomer. My friend is switching later today. I find their customer service excellent. They even make follow up calls. Everything is done over the phone. They ship the sim card and phone right to your home. If you don't need a phone, you could always sell it. You also qualify for a retentions plan in 6 months.

Here is the Zoomer Wireless plan:

- $40.50- 2yr comittment

- 1 gig of data

- Free Phone- LG G4

- 500 Daytime Minutes- Canada wide

Evening/Weekend minutes starting at 6pm

- Unlimited incoming calls- Canada wide

- Unlimited National/International Text Messages

- Voicemail

- Call Display

- Name Display

- Call Waiting

- Conference Calling

I really hope Public Mobile comes out with a promotion soon. My friends are going to other providers.

12 REPLIES 12

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@will13am, I would have still switched from my old provider as it is still better then what I was paying there by quite a bit.  That pricing is $12 a month cheaper and we had to share 2.5GB

Oh, I hate share plans.  It is a recipe for overage charges. 

@will13am, I would have still switched from my old provider as it is still better then what I was paying there by quite a bit.  That pricing is $12 a month cheaper and we had to share 2.5GB

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@Michael77 wrote:

- $40.50- 2yr comittment

-$48 (with AutoPay) - 90 day commitment $58 (with Autopay) - 90 Day commitment

- 1 gig of data

- 6 GB over 90 days (2 GB a month) 9 GB over 90 days ( 3 GB a month)

- Free Phone- LG G4

-No phone but a 2 year old LG G4 should be given away who would buy it

-Anytime evening weekends are mentioned in a plan drives me crazy that is old school

- Voicemail

- Call Display

- Name Display

- Call Waiting

- Conference Calling

I really hope Public Mobile comes out with a promotion soon. My friends are going to other providers.

@Michael77, So the PM 3 GB(LTE) +bonus 3GB is in red

PM 6 GB(LTE) + bonus 3 GB is in Blue

I don't really see the Zoomer deal really being appealing when you look at the data bucket in the plan.  So if you put the same data plan of Zoomer buy purchasing an addon to get 2GB you are now at $70 vs the $48 from PM?  I think we need to stop comparing to the fall promo as we will probably never see that again $48 for 2GB is still fair pricing

Sorry @ShawnC13, I can't agree that $48 for 2 gigs is fair pricing.  Bandwidth is cheap.  I haven't drank enough carrier cool aid to be convinced otherwise.  I have several data only plans where I am paying $5-6 per gig and it isn't with Freedom Mobile.  Bottom line is many of us are here because of the $40/4 gig plan.  I can say many more would be here if the plan came back. 

MEU_21
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

It's pretty simple; if you have a plan that meets your usage and is below the company's ARPU, then you 've got a great deal! Keep it and enjoy! If you are paying more than the company's ARPU, switch to another company and refer your friends to that company - they almost all have referal rewards.

Telus at ARPU=~$66.87, Fall promo = $38+ Add ons ===> Great deal!

Of course they want everyone to move to Koodo for $50.

I'd say that if your plans, even with curent promos, is less than $50/m, then you are doing well. We, and our friends, all have different usage paterns so there isn't a one-size-fits-all. Of course there are other providers who offer more with a lower ARPU, but there are reasons for that.

Michael77

@ShawnC13,

Thanks for your response.

The key to the Zoomer plan is in 6 months you get their retention plan (4gigs/Unlimited Canada wide minutes/$45) which is really good and beats every current PM plan there is. You get a free phone that you can sell or keep. I have a good friend who has the LG G4 and she loves it. Each person has their own likes and dislikes. 

Michael77

@mhaider,

I agree. If PM decided to change or even raise our rate plan prices now, I would leave without hesitation. I guess I am very fortunate to be on the promotional 12gig/$38/LTE plan. 🙂 

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Michael77 wrote:

- $40.50- 2yr comittment

-$48 (with AutoPay) - 90 day commitment $58 (with Autopay) - 90 Day commitment

- 1 gig of data

- 6 GB over 90 days (2 GB a month) 9 GB over 90 days ( 3 GB a month)

- Free Phone- LG G4

-No phone but a 2 year old LG G4 should be given away who would buy it

-Anytime evening weekends are mentioned in a plan drives me crazy that is old school

- Voicemail

- Call Display

- Name Display

- Call Waiting

- Conference Calling

@Michael77, So the PM 3 GB(LTE) +bonus 3GB is in red

PM 6 GB(LTE) + bonus 3 GB is in Blue

I don't really see the Zoomer deal really being appealing when you look at the data bucket in the plan.  So if you put the same data plan of Zoomer buy purchasing an addon to get 2GB you are now at $70 vs the $48 from PM?  I think we need to stop comparing to the fall promo as we will probably never see that again $48 for 2GB is still fair pricing

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

mhaider
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I agree with your friend, if I wasn't on the 4gb plan I wouldve switched out of PM as well. They are not competitive anymore considering they don't even provide CS.

Michael77

@mhaider,

I really don't like any of PM's new plans. With Zoomer, you get a free phone (LG G4) and in 6 months you get a $45- 4 gig/Canada wide calling- retention plan. 

He was hoping something better would come out but he couldn't wait any longer so he just made the switch to Zoomer.

mhaider
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I personally don't see that happening mainly because they are working so hard to take everyone off of the 4gb/120 plan so I don't think they will make any valuable offer in the near future.

but @Michael77 to be honest, this is the current promo with Public Mobile:

90 Day Plan

Province Wide Calling with unlimited minutes

Global unlimited texting

6GB of data (2gb per month) 

126/3 = $42 which is almost what Zoomer offered him but Public Mobile comes with an extra gb of data.

and if they wanted LTE date, it would work out to $50/month which is a bit higher but would get an extra gb of data for the price difference as well (but without a free phone).

Michael77

Truthfully, if Public Mobile stopped giving loyalty rewards I wouldn't care. If the plan prices were good and I thought there was good value then I would promote them regardless of the referral reward. I can't do it now. Sorry. 😞

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Michael77, unfortunately the wireless arena is far less competitive than the grocery business.  Don't expect price matching.  The only solution is to vote with the wallet and not the heart.  You can't in good conscience ask a friend to go to a more expensive service for self serving reasons (referral rewards).  So, go with who ever offers the best deal at the time.  BTW, I think I can forsee the fall 2017 Public Mobile deal in my crystal ball.  It will probably be the current price plan for 6 gigs/90 days with double data being the bonuse offering. 

Need Help? Let's chat.