cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rewards

Gab2
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I don't understand the reward thingy, can you really pay $0 in your next plan?

13 REPLIES 13

jonfirlotte
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
Spoiler
That depends on how many people you referred, the number of years you've been with PM, your level of commitment to the community and wether you have auto-pay turned on or not. All of these can get you credit off your next bill and if your bill is low in the first place, then you might end up paying nothing! 

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Gab2 wrote:

@Gab2 

The various reward types are all already mentioned in this thread, but here are all the nitty gritty details about rewards from the knowledge base:
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/General-Reward-Rules/ta-p/164

Yes, although easiest to achieve with the soon-to-be-grandfathered $10 plan, it's possible to get any plan down to zero through rewards. My plan cost is normally $40 before rewards, but I'm currently paying zero. Of the four reward types, the refer-a-friend reward ultimately has the biggest potential to reduce plan costs since it is only limited by the number of people you can find to refer. Helping out in this forum can not only earn community rewards, but also sometimes gets you unexpected referrals.

The rewards are great....the Auto Pay drew me in save $2 just to have a credit card on file basically on my $15 plan -$2=$13 I have 5 referrals at the moment but will lose a couple because they're tourists....i have a mystery one but I'm not counting that yet...$13 -$5= $8 and I worked hard at learning about pm and helping out in my first month and got a $2 community award. $8-$2= $6. I'm thinking I might downgrade again to the $10 plan before it goes since I have another phone so if I do that? $6- $5= $1 for my phone....almost free.

Most people likely find the best plan for them and stick with it for quite some time. I on the other hand go up to 5Gb over summer as we have no internet access at our cabin then I work down to the $25 plan and am even going to give the $15 plan a shot. PM eliminating my perfect plan for the winter or summer worries me somewhat as I want to be able to switch back and forth!

Terry 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@saeliux wrote:

I love the PM rewards. PM really saves me money. 

I am on the $10 plan. I got $2 for autopay, $2 for friend referal and $1 for participating in the forums. It is sad to see the $10 plan go tho

I agree. But at least we get to keep it...for now. Just no new sign-ups into it.

saeliux
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I love the PM rewards. PM really saves me money. 

I am on the $10 plan. I got $2 for autopay, $2 for friend referal and $1 for participating in the forums. It is sad to see the $10 plan go tho

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Gab2 wrote:

@Gab2  If you accumulate enough rewards to cover your plan's cost you end up paying $0.00.

popping

@missorange wrote:

Depends, if u have 10$ plan, u refer 10 people, yes, u will get 10 credit and pay $10 on your next renewal cycle. 

$2 autopay + $1/years stay with PM(max $5)

After 5 years, your $10 plan costs you $3/cycle.

A family of 4, use the main account to self-refer to 3 more account for the whole family.  Your main account with $10 plan is free after 5 years with PM.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

Rewards that’ll lower your bill

$2 AutoPay
$2 AutoPay
Set up pre-authorized payments and automatically start saving $2 every 30 days.
$1 Loyalty Pays
$1 Loyalty Pays
Stay with us and save $1 every 30 days after your first year. $2 after your second year, and so on.
$1 Per Friend
$1 Per Friend
Get referred and you'll receive a one-time $10 credit! Plus we'll take $1 off your payment every 30 days for every friend you refer for as long as they stay with us. Sharing is caring!
$20 Helping Others
$20 Helping Others
You can save up to $20 every 30 days by earning points in the Community. Answer questions and provide a helping hand to your fellow Public Mobile Community members.

I just switched down from $40 plan over summer to $25 plan in September and will be on $15 plan beginning at the end of September.

I get $2 off for Autopay

I get $2 off for Community Reward

I have 11 referrals so that is $11 off

I am thinking that I will be liking my next bill from Public Mobile!

Terry

popping

@Gab2 wrote:

Yes.  it is possible, but it takes time.

$2 autopay - easy

$1 loyalty per year with PM - max $5 - just stay with PM - easy

Up to $15 community reward to help subscriber on this forum.  $20 if you are appointed as oracle.  Lots of work.  This reward is for people who enjoy helping others.

$1/referral/30days cycle as long as your referral stay with PM - A bit of work.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

Theoretically...yes. If you use a valid credit card on your account and use it to re-up your plan automatically...you'll get an autopay reward...whenever your plan renews.

If you encourage friends to try Public Mobile...you'll also get a ref-a-friend reward every renewal...as long as they indicate that you referred them

Participation in Community Forums also garners a reward...depending on how often you respond to questions and accuracy of your answers.

(Hopefully spelling doesn't count!!)

missorange
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Depends, if u have 10$ plan, u refer 10 people, yes, u will get 10 credit and pay $10 on your next renewal cycle. 

Need Help? Let's chat.