cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rewards

Jasonf99
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Before they changed the rewards program to make it better, but it's not better for me 1 was paying approximately $117 per year with taxes because of the discounts that I earned..

Now with this better new plan I'm paying $192 approximately per year.

How is this a better rewards plan?

Anyone else seeing this increase as well?

Let me know your thoughts here.

8 REPLIES 8

EB0
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@BKNS27 @Boki 

The plan is 400 minutes + 400 SMS for the whole year, but there is a promo code for unlimited calls and text for two years

https://www.telus.com/en/mobility/prepaid/plans

IMG_4251.jpeg

@Boki 

If it is 400 minutes/year that means you can only talk 33 minutes/month and 33 texts/month.

I talk to friends more than 2 hours calls and 250 texts per month.

Boki
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@BKNS27 wrote:

@Jasonf99 

If you only call and text, you might want to consider the $100/year for 400 minutes of calling and 400 texting/month.

You are talking about Telus $100/year plan.

Are you REALLY SURE 400min + 400 SMS are per month? Or it is for the whole year??? I did not find any small print clarifying these magic 400 minutes...

EB0

@Jasonf99 

It’s a better reward plan for the company, not for the customers, the only advantage for the new point system, is the ability to use point to buy add-on cheaper which not for everyone.

for $15 plan without referral, you will earn 15 points in a year, so you will have one month free once a year.

outside PM, Koodo and Lucky have $15 plan 100 minutes 500mb 4G

freedom has $119 yearly plan unlimited calls and texts +15GB per year, but it may not work for everyone.

also Telus has $100 yearly plan for unlimited calls and texts, without data

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Jasonf99 

I am assuming you are on the $15 plan with 100 minutes of outgoing calls, unlimited incoming and texting and 250mb of data. The data can be used for apps like McD.

The new $15 plan now have unlimited calling and texting but no data. This is a good plan if you don’t need data but this is for new members. If you only call and text, you might want to consider the $100/year for 400 minutes of calling and 400 texting/month.

It will take you 17 months to collect 15 points for a $15 credit. (10 points for annual Loyalty + (15x.05).

AK32
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

it is not "better" for anyone. customers lost rewards/discounts. it is only better for PM because they will make more money. although, their plan costs are pretty competitive already (and you still get SOME rewards, just not nearly as much as before) 

slusagm

your match is around right, most pay $7 more per month.

don't be silly, of course rewards change is not good. Check around, none of the rewards charge is any better for customers

on the other hand, it is good you still earning some rewards, most other companies give you no rewards savings

Jasonf99
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Not an I crease, but the reward amounts turn my plan from $117 yearly because of all my rewards earned to $192, so inorder for me to make it the same I will need to earn $15 in rewards times 5 months. Not going to happen.

Do the math

Need Help? Let's chat.