cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Return phone - IMEI code

tracymv
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I bought a certified phone off Public Mobile, but don't need it and want to return it. The return form asks for the Phone IMEI code. To get this, it looks like I have to set up the new phone and transfer all my information to it. I don't want to lose anything on my current (old) phone, as this is the one I'm going to keep. The new phone doesn't have a SIM card in it. Will I be able to set it up, get the IMEI for return, and switch back to my old phone?

5 REPLIES 5

@dust2dust wrote:

It's optional to move data from an old phone. Was the phone in an original box? The IMEI might be on it. Whether refurbs keep the box I don't know. But that's the product you were supplied.

Telus disposes of original packaging with CPO devices and uses generic Telus packaging. In some past cases, this leads to sloppy packaging as the contents are simply thrown lose into the box.  But yes, a new IMEI label and UPC barcode sticker are printed out and attached to the package.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

It's optional to move data from an old phone. Was the phone in an original box? The IMEI might be on it. Whether refurbs keep the box I don't know. But that's the product you were supplied.

tracymv
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

The IMEI is on the box! Thank you!

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@tracymv to return CPO phone, please open ticket by direct message to PM Support.  Just include the order number:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply you there

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@tracymv , the IMEI could be on the box if it was shipped in the original box.  You could look through the setting screens for the IMEI.  A SIM card is not required.

Need Help? Let's chat.