cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Retail Purchase

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

So the wife needed/wanted a new phone and we picked her up an Acer Liquid Zest Plus ( thread on that later)  So we needed a new sim as current phone is Nano and this is micro.  Off to Walmart we go to the electronics section to ask for a SIM card. 

The sales associate new where they were brught oneout for me and tells me that she has to go over a disclaimer statement, even though I am already a customer.

• Walmart is not a representative of PublicMobile
  • Walmart has no access to their system and can not activate sim cards
  • Public Mobile has no customer service number to call
  • Public Mobile does not have customer service ( I corrected her and she did know about the community)

There may have been a few other things but I don't think so.  She did say that if PM didn't work out for me that Walmart is a Chatr retailer and could help me make the switch.

Overall I think it was a great experience.  The sales associate was knowledgeable and the statements presented I think clarify that Walmart can't activate or provide any customer support.

@Jeremy_M, not sure if you need store number or anything like that but I have all that info you report any of these numbers.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

7 REPLIES 7

jmc199397
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@stonechucker "However as a customer, if we know what we want, and we're told it's not available (ie the SIM  card is buried in a draw), it's frustrating" Yes and he defenatly should not be doing that, if they have them in stock he should be selling them to you, he or she telling you other deals thats out there is also part of the job too. But as previously mentioned if someones asking for PM sim, should be that much trouble i agree. 

@stonechucker wrote:

@jmc199397, thanks for speaking up about this.  It's great to know that it's instructions, and essentially 'standard operating proceedure', that the Walmart staff are following.  Can't knock you for that at all.

However as a customer, if we know what we want, and we're told it's not available (ie the SIM  card is buried in a draw), it's frustrating.

@jmc199397, thanks for speaking up about this.  It's great to know that it's instructions, and essentially 'standard operating proceedure', that the Walmart staff are following.  Can't knock you for that at all.

However as a customer, if we know what we want, and we're told it's not available (ie the SIM  card is buried in a draw), it's frustrating.

jmc199397
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I actually work at a Walmart in Ontario, and the person is telling the truth. The whole point of signing up to a company like public mobile is that its supposed to be self serve, you do everything yourself. Personally, if a customer asks me to help them set it up for them I will, if im not busy. But we personally get nothing out of it, with chatr it counts towards sales targets thats why he's pushing chatr. Telus/ PM reps are aware and they know were pushing what counts to targets, PM will count in the future just not right now. 

Jeremy_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Thank you for sharing your experience with us @ShawnC13, I will forward the commentary internally.

Jeremy

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Thanks for sharing, @ShawnC13.  I'll tag @Jeremy_M to bring this to his attention.  Jeremy, please see the customer experience Shawn noted above.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

I doubt the higher ups at Public Mobiile will be happy with that.  As a potential customer or a customer who is asking to purchase a Public Mobile sim card to activate another line, receiving a Chatr sales pitch isn't something that Public Mobile will want happening.  

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Lol, seems like the salesperson is really self serving with trying to flog chatr.  I guess without any sales commission, the Walmart staff will try their level best to give the impression that public mobile is inferior.  BTW, WOW Mobile staff will help with activation if needed at least this was the experience at the store I visited.  

Need Help? Let's chat.