cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resend Porting SMS

PrettyPixel
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I subscribed and downloaded the app, followed all the steps including downloading the eSIM and following the prompts on my iPhone, and selected to port my number. I checked two hours later and an error popped up saying failure to activate eSIM - contact Public Mobile.  Turns out I missed the SMS to port my number. 

How do I have another porting SMS sent and finish activating my eSIM?

3 REPLIES 3

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@PrettyPixel - you received an error message to contact Public Mobile, but they give you no instructions on how to contact Public Mobile? Why should it be difficult like this? The community here, can help you contact Public representatives, but when an error like that shows up, I REALLY think there should be clearer instructions for customers to get help rather than looping here to the community. JMHO.

Methods to contact Public Mobile Customer Support (CSA) below:

1-Normally Faster - use this link to: Get Help With Public Mobile Chatbot], also found in various places in Public webpages, and bottom right corner of the page (See the Chat Bubble), 

2-OR, go to your ENVELOPE at the top right of your Community Account which is where your Inbox and Sent messages are. Select the orange/peach color box with the pencil inside it to start a new message.  Type CS_Agent in the SEND TO box. This will create a private message to Public Mobile Customer Support.

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@PrettyPixel In addition to the info provided by @softech , did you leave your old sim in the phone and reply "YES" to the SMS your old provider sent asking you to authorize the port? Your old account needs to be active to port the number out.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@PrettyPixel 

you sure your eSIM was installed properly on top of the porting issue?  Please check your SIM manager on your phone and see if the PM eSIM is there and enabled (or "Turn on this line" is toggled on for iPhone)

for porting sms problem, There is a number to call to talk to live support,  they can re-trigger the process for you.  I will message the number to you via the Community inbox ( https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/privatenotespage ) .  Check the envelope icon on top right.  Call them and get it fixed

Need Help? Let's chat.