cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remaining data doesn't match up with actual data used

lilkoje
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hey peeps,

My plan just rolled over (on the 23rd) and my account shows that I've used 700mb. When I go to my usage review, it shows that I've only used about 150mb since the 23rd (add an extra 200mb on the 22nd and it still doesn't add up). I even waited until now in case it took an extra day to change on the server. Does anyone know why this is happening? Please help. 

4 REPLIES 4

@lilkoje 

Double check your data tracker and app usage on your phone to see if there hasnt been accidental usage. Its likely your data did not reset and you will have to contact a moderator to reset it. I make it a habit to take a screenshot of my overview page before and after renewal. Even if i dont log in the day of/after renewal i always take a pic when i manually top up my account. That at the very least gives you approximately your previous cycles usage to compare if you suspect your data did not reset.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@lilkoje  The usage between selfserve and my device is pretty close provided that the start dates are aligned. Unless your data counter did not reset after your plan renewal then you probably did use it up but if you think there is a problem the you can always submit a ticket and ask for a review.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@lilkoje  check your app usage on your phone to see which ones may be the culprits. The usage counter on the overview page is usually correct.The history batch updates twice daily at 12 noon and midnight est. Are you using Imessage? It uses plan data. And having wifi assist and wifi+ will switch to data if your WiFi is spotty. It does seem to be excessive though. If you feel that there was a mistake. Contact the moderators and ask them to look into it for you. There are 2 ways to contact the Moderator Team:

• Faster response- Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Slower- Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Once connected to Simon, you will be asked to log in again with your community user name and password.  Please do, this allows you to continue and send your message.
- Check your private message sent box (click on the envelope top right of your screen) to make sure the message was sent.

- Keep an eye on the envelope top right of your screen.  The mods answer will show up there.  When it does, you will be asked to verify your self service account, with your password and login. Doing so allows the process to continue. Stay safe. 

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@lilkoje maybe your data failed to reset.

contact customer support here

type "data wrong"

(use the chat bubble options, then click "submit a ticket, click me" option)
https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/

make sure to check your inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically, for a message

Need Help? Let's chat.