cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Relocation

Naarupwnz
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi there! I'm relocating from NB to Alberta. Is public mobile working there? Do I need to do something with my account or plan? Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Naarupwnz   As long as your plan is Canada Wide plan, you should be ok.  You can make calls to anyone within Canada with Canada-Wide plan.   

However, keeping a NB number to used in AB, your friends in AB might need to pay long distance charge when they call you if they don't have Canada Wide Calling (some older landline might not have Canada Wide calling)

Also, it's good to change to AB number to save some tax.  Tax on your PM service is based on the area code of your phone number.  Since AB has the lowest tax rate in Canada, you will save a bit every month from the tax.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Naarupwnz public mobile works in Alberta. Check the coverage map for your location.

Here is a link for a coverage map.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/coverage

You can keep your NB phone number if you like, just note that people calling you in AB would be calling an NB number so it may cause some long distance charges for them if they do not have canada wide calling.

OR, you can change your NB number to an AB number in your self serve account under the "Change Number" option in your My Profile section.

Need Help? Let's chat.