cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Registering for Limited Time $40.00 Plan

autumn_101
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I am currently trying to switch providers and register for the $40 Public Mobile plan that is being advertised (4.5 GB 3G data, unlimited call & text, for a limited time only). I am currently out of the country and I was wondering if there is any way for me to register for this plan before I purchase a SIM card, as I will not be able to do this until I return to Canada and I do not want to miss out on this offer. If anyone can give me a time frame of how long this plan will be around for, I would really appreciate it. Once the plan is still in existance throughout September, I should be fine, but if not, is there some way to ensure I get this deal?

Thank you!

9 REPLIES 9

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@NDesaiy apologies  when I posted, it  said 1 hour ago and the next post was 53 minutes ago.

I do agree with number so duplicate posts it does get fustrating when they are a couple hours or next day

ottawa
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

And here's a trick in case the promo ends too early. Someone correct me if this wouldn't work.

Say you get the SIM and they announce the promo ends 3 weeks before you come back. Obviously you could sign up right away but that means you'd waste $30 (3 weeks of $40 plan). Alternatively you could activate with the $10 plan then schedule a change to $40 "on next billing date". This would mean you'd be stuck on $10 plan for a week after getting home, so only you can decide which is better. 

=aw

@mimmo wrote:

@NDesai wrote:

@popping wrote:

@autumn_101

You can ask your friend or family to buy a SIM card at London Drug, Walmart or WOW Mobile and send you the photo of the SIM card of the side with the SIM #. OR just SIM #.  With the SIM #, you can activate your $40 plan online.

Isn't that what i already said?

@NDesai@Ithink 7 minutes is within the  acceptable time for a duplicate post

*27 minutes to be exact.

I am just not happy to see the amount of duplicate posts recently. My theory tells me that we are causing a little bit of backlog to moderators. I cannot prove this, but it's getting worst. 

ottawa
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@NDesai wrote:

@autumn_101 You must have the If you see the expiry date and that is before you come back, tell someone to get you the sim card from partnered retail stores such as Walmart, London Drugs or Wow mobile, and have them tell you the sim card number so you can activate before it expires. 

My suggestion (if OP is certain of signing up) is to order a SIM direct from PM now, sent to a friend who can open it, rather than waiting. I just ordered one (I think on the weekend) and it came today Tuesday by Xpresspost. Or send a friend out shopping, but do it now -- if they have to try multiple stores they don't need the added pressure of an imminent deadline.

=aw

mimmo

@NDesai wrote:

@popping wrote:

@autumn_101

You can ask your friend or family to buy a SIM card at London Drug, Walmart or WOW Mobile and send you the photo of the SIM card of the side with the SIM #. OR just SIM #.  With the SIM #, you can activate your $40 plan online.

@NDesai@Ithink 7 minutes is within the  acceptable time for a duplicate post

popping

@NDesai

Sorry.  I was distracted.  I went away to do something else and finished it afterward.  Next time, I will check before posting.  I removed my post.  Thanks for pointing it out.

@popping wrote:

@autumn_101

popping

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@autumn_101 You must have the sim (or sim number at least) to activate. And no one knows when that plan will expire. What i suggest you should do is, keep checking for expiry date if you are still outside of Canada. If you see the expiry date and that is before you comback, tell someone to get you the sim card from partnered retail stores such as Walmart, London Drugs or Wow mobile, and have them tell you the sim card number so you can activate before it expires. 

Need Help? Let's chat.