cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding one-time bonus data

Jaimin
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I got some bonus data and minutes in my account. I am wondering if the bonus can stay when I change my plan. Thank you 

45 REPLIES 45

mm80
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@UFO wrote:

Mine was the 5GB one-time data bonus that i recently received by saying "Yes" to a text msg.

The Mod did say he has already checked my account carefully and said my 5gb will be gone if i change or cancel my plan.  Now, if the Mod happens to mistakenly think that 5GB is some sort of promotion relating to a plan i activated, and therefore said that my 5GB will be gone, then it just proved that he didn't check my account carefully as he said he would. 

I am going to downgrade my plan either way (renewal is less than 2 weeks away).  So we shall see the answer soon. 😄

Do it at your own risk then. You have the moderator's answer. I assume that downgrading makes sense for you even if they take it away. 

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@UFO wrote:

Mine was the 5GB one-time data bonus that i recently received by saying "Yes" to a text msg.

The Mod did say he has already checked my account carefully and said my 5gb will be gone if i change or cancel my plan.  Now, if the Mod happens to mistakenly think that 5GB is some sort of promotion relating to a plan i activated, and therefore said that my 5GB will be gone, then it just proved that he didn't check my account carefully as he said he would. 

I am going to downgrade my plan either way (renewal is less than 2 weeks away).  So we shall see the answer soon. 😄

@UFO  Did you also receive the 1000 mins along with 5GB data?  If you did, then the moderator is mistaken and you will not lose those gifts from PM when changing plans.

UFO
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@UFO wrote:

Yes that is what i am referring to.

And Mod is telling me that it won't stay if you change or cancel your plan.  I copy and pasted Mod's answer (in quote above) word for word above.

Again, i am surprised to hear that myself so I have already emailed back and asked for a copy of the 'fine print" or "conditions" for the 5gb data bonus.  Hope the Mod replies me soon.

@UFO   If the data is the recent gift given by PM to some customers in BC/Alberta, then any plan changes will not affect that bonus.  But if the bonus was received as part of new activation sign up, then the terms and conditions that it was signed under will apply.  The free gifts from PM or add-ons you purchase do not get affected when changing plans and will only fall off once they've been consumed fully by you.

mm80

@UFO wrote:

I am just telling people what the Mod is saying to me - word for word.  

You can choose what you want to believe.  I just did my part for sharing "Mod's response" re: 5GB data bonus.  

Don't you wrong. I'm not blaming you but the mod answer was baloney.

UFO

I am just telling people what the Mod is saying to me - word for word.  

You can choose what you want to believe.  I just did my part for sharing "Mod's response" re: 5GB data bonus.  

mm80

@UFO wrote:

And Mod is telling me that it won't stay if you change or cancel your plan.  I copy and pasted Mod's answer (in quote above) word for word above.

Don't believe everything you read. Add-ons are there to stay until you use them.

UFO

Again, i am surprised to hear that myself so I have already emailed back and asked for a copy of the 'fine print" or "conditions" for the 5gb data bonus.  Hope the Mod replies me soon.

mm80

@UFO wrote:

I thought it stays too but i happened to just talk to a Mod about it.  Here is his reply:

"I carefully checked your account and I noticed that you have the 5GB one-time data bonus, however, as per promotion conditions, you will lose the add-on if you change or cancel your plan."

I am asking the Mod to provide me with the fine print/conditions of the 5gb bonus.  I am surprised to hear that myself, because when i accepted the offer, there wasn't a link to any fine prints/conditions.

Is it the free 5GB given if you sent a YES text reply to 5179?  You won't lose that if changing plans.

UFO

I thought it stays too but i happened to just talk to a Mod about it.  Here is his reply:

"I carefully checked your account and I noticed that you have the 5GB one-time data bonus, however, as per promotion conditions, you will lose the add-on if you change or cancel your plan."

I am asking the Mod to provide me with the fine print/conditions of the 5gb bonus.  I am surprised to hear that myself, because when i accepted the offer, there wasn't a link to any fine prints/conditions.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Jaimin wrote:

I got some bonus data and minutes in my account. I am wondering if the bonus can stay when I change my plan. Thank you 

@Jaimin  Those bonuses are associated with your account and not your plan so you can change plans without losing your bonus add-ons.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Jaimin wrote:

@Jaimin   Yes the bonus data and mins and all add-ons stay with your account and do not get affected when changing plans, as long as the data is not linked to a promotion at sign up.

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@Jaimin make sure to have "available funds" in your account when changing plans otherwise the process will fail

amount due-01~2.jpeg

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Jaimin it depends upon the terms of the bonus. Stay safe 

BeachNBeer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Yes it will

Need Help? Let's chat.