cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refund available funds

JanujanGathies
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I want to cancel my public mobile plan and I want to know if I can refund my available funds. The payment due date is February 11th and I want to cancel my plan before the payment.

6 REPLIES 6

closng
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

wrote:

The reason I have available funds in the first place is beacuse I was inadvertently charged twice for some reason. I intended to only pay for January, but it also charged me for February. 

Hi @JanujanGathies,

If that was the case, then I'd recommend you to send a message to the Moderators as @srlawren suggested, they may be able to do a one time exception in refunding the double charge to your original method of payment.

Here is the link to send a message to the Moderators, please include a detail description of your request, your account number, phone number, e-mail and pin:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Good luck

mtfolks
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@srlawren Good catch! I didn’t see that the OP has available funds. Only saw the part about withdrawing payment. 

I would second trying a DM to the mods to see what they can do. No guarantees but worth a try. Good luck!

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

wrote:

You likely can’t get a refund but you can turn off autopay before your payment comes out and your plan renews on the 11th. I’d recommend doing so ASAP. 

@mtfolks the only problem with this is that if the Available Funds are at least enough to pay for the renewal, the renewal will just happen and consume those funds, regardless of turning off AutoPay.  

@JanujanGathies you should definitely reach out to the moderator team via private message ASAP.  I know they will not refund for any unused plan portion at time of cancellation, but, and I can't guarantee anything here of course, but I think I remember reading that they might be able to do a manual refund for available funds amount.  It's worth asking at least.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

mtfolks
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

You likely can’t get a refund but you can turn off autopay before your payment comes out and your plan renews on the 11th. I’d recommend doing so ASAP. 

JanujanGathies
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

The reason I have available funds in the first place is beacuse I was inadvertently charged twice for some reason. I intended to only pay for January, but it also charged me for February. 

closng
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hi @JanujanGathies,

Unfortunately, that will not be an option as Public Mobile is a prepaid service provider...

Need Help? Let's chat.