cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refer a Friend Credit

GARB1962
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Second question in short succession.  My wife and I each have a prepaid phone with Telus prepaid but they show up under one account in the "My Telus" system such that I am the "owner" of both but she is the designated subscriber of the second phone.  I want to sign us up both of us to PM, myself first and then "refer" her.  Then she can use my referal code to get $10 off and me get $1 off per month ongoing afterwards.  Will PM see me as "owner" of both phones and decline the referal (because it says you can't refer yourself for these credits) or will they be compliant seeing as she is the subscriber and grant both the $10 and $1/month referal credits?

6 REPLIES 6

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

Very important: port your wifes number first (secondary account). You could lose your wifes number if you port yours (primary number) first.

Sign up your wife with a new PM account, suggest choosing a NEW number from Public Mobile to start with, test compatibility, calls etc. Then you can initiate the port anytime afterwards, and the temp number will be returned.

Make note of the 6 character referral code from your wifes account, and sign up a new account for yourself with the same process using a different email address. (Each must be unique) Make sure to enter the referral code here, you'll have only one chance. Be careful to differentiate zeros and oh's. Recommend copy/paste.

Good luck!

If you are opening amounts with the temporarily numbers you don't care who's is who's, just open too accounts today to get that promo we have, you can port your Telus numbers any time, today tonight, tomorrow, next week... As long as those numbers are active you're fine

Welcome to public mobile

smiley3
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

You should have no problem doing that.  The referal process doesn't care about how your current account is set up.

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

Hi @GARB1962 

Youwill first need to get the referral code from public mobile user and enter if during the activation, then login to your account after registering and write down your code and entry it during your wife registration

Welcome to public mobile

I suggest you first open to account with temp number maker sure everything works well, then port your number. After that repeat for your wife. You will need two different emails to create two different accounts. Make sure you log out of yours before handling hers, people have accidentally ported two numbers to the same account which resulted in loss of the first number ported.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@GARB1962  adding  to what @kselmak  says, to port /transfer the numbers over, your account must be valid at Telus. And port your wife's (the secondary number)over first.

@GARB1962 wrote:

Second question in short succession.  My wife and I each have a prepaid phone with Telus prepaid but they show up under one account in the "My Telus" system such that I am the "owner" of both but she is the designated subscriber of the second phone.  I want to sign us up both of us to PM, myself first and then "refer" her.  Then she can use my referal code to get $10 off and me get $1 off per month ongoing afterwards.  Will PM see me as "owner" of both phones and decline the referal (because it says you can't refer yourself for these credits) or will they be compliant seeing as she is the subscriber and grant both the $10 and $1/month referal credits?

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

That's ok you can refer yourself

You can be referred and refer people

You will have two separate accounts

You can put any name you want on the account and change it any time, it's prepaid, you can have Donald Duck if you wish as the name

Need Help? Let's chat.