cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reduced Voice Coverage in Manitoba ?

Sunlightnk
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi guys,

I am not sure where to ask my question, but this morning I (located in Winnipeg, MB) received a text message from PM which said that as of March 16 PM network will be changed in Manitoba and select areas of Winnipeg may experience reduced voice coverage. For more info recommended to call Telus @ 866-975-3058.

Does anybody from Manitoba received this today?

Any details on this?

Joined PM last month and not happy to receive such news.

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4

@ra1ne wrote:

If you called the number... the number is Telus support. And Telus owns Public Mobile. So its probably legit.

The news is legitimate. On the Koodo Community forums, employees have posted and confirmed that network changes are coming to Mantioba.  They're encouraging customers to have VoLTE-capable devices or risk not having voice service. I can confirm that this will also affect Public Mobile customers, although details are still to come as to what will happen as Public Mobile doesn't offer VoLTE.

ra1ne
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

If you called the number... the number is Telus support. And Telus owns Public Mobile. So its probably legit.

DinoWPG
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I got the same text today & suspect SPAM or Fraud because:

• it's not from the 611 number I usually get Public texts from.
  • I didn't see anything on the Public Mobile site suggesting changes to coverage 

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Sunlightnk   Yes this is being actively discussed for a couple of hours now, here's another thread on this subject you might want to read: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Using-Your-Service/Text-From-PM-About-Changes-To-Mani...

Need Help? Let's chat.