cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reciving calls

SG8
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just bought a sim card 1 day ago and activated it and bought my plan, I can make calls and send and receive texts but not receive calls. I previously had a wifi only number(text now) and used that number for this sim. Is there something specific i had to do to transfer the number? Im not sure what the problem is.

4 REPLIES 4

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@SG8 

TextNow will not sent the text if you are on an old update.

Go to the AppStore or PlayStore and check for updates.

I had the same issue while waiting for a 2FA code. After updating no issues.

@SG8   Call the porting support team that @esjliv  sent you.  They can confirm the status and re-trigger the process if needed

SG8
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I did not get a reply message from Text not about transferring 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@SG8  - could still be in porting process. Did you reply within 90 mins to TEXT NOW for the port approval?

• voip ports can take 3+ days. Expect a mix of services on the landline and Public Mobile SIM card until port is complete.

When the incoming calls stop on the previous provider’s SIM card and/or landline/voip account, that is a good indication the port is complete.

If still issues after 3 day, submit a ticket with Public Mobile representatives (CSA) for help; click this link for issues with transfer/porting of phone numbers over to Public Mobile.

Or, you can try calling the Telus porting phone number, which we are not supposed to post here. So, check your private messages I will send it to you there.

See helpful info. here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/port-fraud-protection

Need Help? Let's chat.