cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Receiving Texts

TylerB
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have an iphone 7.  I have the basic package and only have the 256 mb.  In my first month I quickly reached 75% of my data usage, so I turned off my mobile data.  But now I am not receiving texts, unless the sender makes sure to "send as text message" but not everyone knows to do that.  

If someone sends me a text from their iphone, then I don't receive it. 

As I have unlimited texts, I want it to work 100% of the time. 

Help please

3 REPLIES 3

LurganIeUk
Mayor / Maire

@TylerB wrote:

I have an iphone 7.  I have the basic package and only have the 256 mb.  In my first month I quickly reached 75% of my data usage, so I turned off my mobile data.  But now I am not receiving texts, unless the sender makes sure to "send as text message" but not everyone knows to do that.  

If someone sends me a text from their iphone, then I don't receive it. 

As I have unlimited texts, I want it to work 100% of the time. 

Help please

I am same as you. Set up on your iPhone what apps that are allowed to use data and any upgrades refresh on WiFi only. Turn data off all the time. Find free WiFi and only turn on your data every now and then for iMessages. Or turn off iMessage....something that I am not interested in doing. I rarely come close to using my 250mb of data. 

Do you have Shaw internet or a friend with it?  Get your IMEI or MAC # registered for all the Shaw hot spots. 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@TylerB 

@TylerB 

if you check the colour, you will know if you are trying to send via iMessage or SMS

softech_0-1625283929147.png

(Blue ones are sent using Apple's iMessage while Green are SMS)

to turn off iMessage

change the iMessage settings by
Click on Settings app,
click Messages,
Turn iMessage off (switch from green to grey)

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@TylerB You probably have iMessage turned on. If you turn that feature off, all texts will come as SMS to you even if sender do not manually send you as sms. 

Need Help? Let's chat.