cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: What do I do if my phone is lost or stolen?

samsamuel
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

i would like to disconnect my phone i losted at 12h15 am date june 01, 2016

10 REPLIES 10

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Luddite execellent suggestions on the replacement phone, very helpful reply all-around.  Kudos.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@samsamuel Voicemail: you can listen to your messages by calling your phone number from any phone. Press * once when you hear your greeting, then follow the directions to listen to your messages. HOWEVER, I don't think that will work if you have suspended service.

New Phone: No one knows for sure the cheapest best phone for you. However, I noticed that Telus is selling reconditioned Moto E phones for $75 and it still has a 1 year warranty. Any phone from Telus or Koodo will work on Public Mobile. Another source for reconditioned phones is Orchard https://publicmobile.getorchard.com or https://www.getorchard.com. Otherwise you must be sure to get an unlocked phone compatible with the PM network. Here is another post discussing this:                              Where can I buy a phone to use with Public Mobile?                     ...

It is really a pain to lose your phone. Good luck getting service back quickly.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @samsamuel,

Sure, you will need to order the SIM card, here is the link https://store.publicmobile.ca/

Please enter your mailing address and you will receive the SIM card within 3 to 7 business days. 

Thanks,

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

samsamuel

Hi Shazia_K  Please i would like to recevie new sim card you told is free.

Thanks

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @samsamuel,

Please do not post personal info such as phone numbers on this public forum, it is available for every body to see. 

If you hover over your pointer above my name, you will see the option of sending me a private message.

Thanks,

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

samsamuel

Hi Shazia_K my phone # ***********

and about who can get the messages from the voice mail 

samsamuel

Hi Shazia_K my phone # *************

also what the chippest  phone i can get it because i recived offers for job by phone or by voice mail.

Thank you for helping

samsamuel

Hi Shazia_K my phone # ************

also what the chippest  phone i can get it because i recived offers for job by phone or by voice mail. thank you for helping

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

Yes, you should suspend your service immediately. Log into your self srrve account and go to Plans and Add-ons. Then select Lost/Stolen phone and click suspend service. That will lock out anyone trying to use your phone.

Then you order a new SIM card from the main page. When you get a new phone, or find your old one, just log back into your account, go to the Plans & Add-ons page and click register new SIM. You'll be good to go again.

Do you need any help picking a new phone?

Good luck.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @samsamuel,

I'm very sorry to hear you have lost your phone,

I will be glad to assist you with this, can you please send me a private message with your Public Mobile phone number?  Also, please order a free new replacement SIM card directly from our webstore.

Thanks,

Shazia

Need Help? Let's chat.