cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: SIM Card Replacement

Sanjayguru
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi. I lost my public sim card while trip to India. I don’t have self serve account as well. How can i get the same cell phone number back? I don’t see anywhere a public store to help me out with that. 

3 REPLIES 3

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Sanjayguru wrote:

Hi. I lost my public sim card while trip to India. I don’t have self serve account as well. How can i get the same cell phone number back? I don’t see anywhere a public store to help me out with that. 

@Sanjayguru  is your account currently in non-pay status, or has it been kept active this whole time?

After 90 days of suspended/non-payment status, your account will be permanently deactivated, which means you will:

1-Lose access to your phone number (and Self Serve account), any rewards or Available Funds balance that was in your account at time of suspension, and won’t be able to transfer the phone number to a new provider in the future.

2-Need a new Public Mobile SIM card if you decide to activate a new Public Mobile account.

If you are within the 90 days, and you have not created a Self Serve account, you can do that here: https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/self-registration/

Once you get access to your Self Serve you just need to obtain a new SIM card from Public Mobile, Amazon, Retail store or canadiancellsupplies.com (currently 4.99), then you can SWAP the SIM number right on your Self Serve account and keep your account and phone number the same.

See here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/SIM-Swap-Fraud/m-p/650969

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Sanjayguru 

to get a New SIM card is better for you and fast way

from any Retail store or gas station near you and you buy it right away,

Where To Buy A SIM card,

You can purchase a Public Mobile SIM card at a variety of retail locations. Click Here link 

to open our store locator and find the closest retailer to you.

or 

Too easy buy it online or in store visit Here link, or Pickup 1-2 Hours.

How To Change Your SIM Card,

card, please follow the below steps:

1. Log into your My Account
  2. Go to Plan and Add-Ons > Change SIM Card
  3. Enter your new SIM card number
  4. Select where you would like your 6-digit security verification code to be sent to. You can choose to have the code sent to your email, If you do not have access to your phone or cannot receive SMS, please select the email option.
  5. Check your email or phone for your security code, and input the code into the page
  6. Click “Verify Code”

Please note: after 5 failed attempts to verify your security code, your account will be locked, and you will need to have your account unlocked and your SIM card manually updated by an agent by submitting a ticket Here link,.

1. Once you have verified your code, click “submit” to complete your SIM card change, and you’re all set!

@Sanjayguru wrote:

Stores do not provide customer support for Pubic Mobile customers.  You will need to buy a new SIM card either from a store (although I know you said those aren't nearby) or online. SIM cards can be purcahsed from the publicmobile.ca website.  As you currently do not have a Self Serve account (and receive a security code required to open a Self Serve account without working service), you'll need to open a ticket to contact a CSA.  That can be done by going to: https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

Need Help? Let's chat.