cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Port issue

psunita07
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, I am experiencing porting my number from bell to public. I can make the call but can’t receive it. I Still notice the number while logging into the bell account. Please help

11 REPLIES 11

@april_h30 wrote:

Good morning, @psunita07 

From my experience, the port takes up to 2 business days to process.

Once complete, you should receive a text message from Public Mobile confirming the port of your phone number is complete.

Hope this helps!

When porting from one wireless carrier to another, this process should never take 2 days.

april_h30
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Good morning, @psunita07 

From my experience, the port takes up to 2 business days to process.

Once complete, you should receive a text message from Public Mobile confirming the port of your phone number is complete.

Hope this helps!

@psunita07 wrote:

Hi, I am experiencing porting my number from bell to public. I can make the call but can’t receive it. I Still notice the number while logging into the bell account. Please help

This means that porting is not complete or that the porting has failed if it's been an extended period of time.

When you say Bell, do you mean Bell Mobility or Bell Canada.  Wrieless to wireless carrier transfer should be complete within 2.5 hours, and transfers from a landline provider should be done within 2 days.

Bell sometimes holds port back until their customer service/retention teams first speaks to a customer. They then try to convince the customer to stay with Bell, and will sometimes only realease the number after you speak with them.

(messages from different threads merged)

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@psunita07 

Additional info about porting:

Number porting is a 2 stage process:
Stage 1. After submitted your porting request, PM set up your old number on your PM account. Login to your account. Select the [Plan and Add-Ons] tab. Is your old number showing on the [Plan and Add-Ons] display?
If yes, PM has done its work to setup your old number for you to call out, send text and data.
If no, you should create a support ticket for moderator to investigate. 

Stage 2. Now, you are waiting for your old provider to release you number to PM. Not until your old provider release your number, all the incoming calls and texts will continue to go to your old provider.  Id your Bell SIM card is still working, continue to use it until it stop working.  Then, start using your new PM SIM card.

psunita07

Sounds good. 

@psunita07 

To submit a ticket to the Moderator Team, please start a conversation with the Public's virtual assistant, SIMon by clicking the icon below. to speed thing up include your Bell account number, name on the Bell account and the Bell phone number that you are porting. Also the Bell account needs to remain active during the porting process otherwise it will fail.

s.JPG

If you are still having problems contacting Public Mobile then click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

Creating a support ticket:
Explain your issue to SIMON, seen below:

simon.PNG

Use as few words as possible to allow the BOT to understand. Answer his questions until you get here:

Spoiler
submit_ticket.PNG

Click on "Submit a ticket" and the Moderator team will respond to your concern, usually within 48 hours.

Alternatively, you may send a private message to moderator through the following link :
Contact @Moderator_Team

About @Moderator_Team
Moderator Hours
Monday-Friday: 8AM- 12AM EST
Saturday & Sunday: 8AM-10PM EST

psunita07

Thanks. It has been more than 24 hours. I will contact support. 

@psunita07 wrote:

@psunita07  What you are describing is normal. When you port your number you won't be able to receive calls until Bell releases the number to Public. If it's been more than 4 hours then click on "?" for help.

@psunita07 wrote:

You can click the "?" in lower right side of the page to talk with moderator and receive assistance. Explain your situation, type 'contact moderator" then follow directions. The moderator may help you with your case.

psunita07

Need Help? Let's chat.