cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Plan

KatieMabley
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have more than enough money in my balance, and my phone still does not work, and my plan is still expired.... I feel like public mobile is ripping me off and I'm telling all my friends about it. 

8 REPLIES 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

@geopublic wrote:

@Anonymous  Why did you put your phone in airplane mode?  Would it have worked if your phone was connected too the network without a reset?

Maybe reactivate and airplane mode work in similar ways.

It's an extra account that I keep alive every 4 months. I don't use the phone when suspended so I just leave it in airplane mode. Battery consumption and all that.

I seem to think I've experienced a manual top-up before using a voucher and the phone just starts working.

But maybe. I'll certainly leave that open.

@Anonymous  Why did you put your phone in airplane mode?  Would it have worked if your phone was connected too the network without a reset?

Maybe reactivate and airplane mode work in similar ways.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@geopublic 

When I reactivated my dormant account and did it via instant top-up, I had the SIM in the phone in airplane mode. After the top-up when I stepped outside the store, I turned off airplane mode and sent it a text from another phone and it worked right away. So I'm not sure it's a "need".

I'm not sure that there are any specific steps in 611 to reactivate other than adding money either.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@KatieMabley  Even if you add the funds to you account you still need to manually reactivate your account. Use the reactivate button via selfserve or dial 611 and follow these prompts too reactivate your account.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Hello @KatieMabley ,

You may just need to be reconnected to the Public Mobile network. Reactivate your account in your self serve and then try one or more of the below:

*rebooting your phone

*removing your SIM for a few minutes, then reinserting it

*go into airplane mode for a few minutes, then going back to regular mode

*reboot your phone again

If your account has been in expired/suspended status for more than 90 days than you lost your phone number and PM account. If this is the case, you will need to obtain new SIM card and create a new PM account.

Lemony_Snicket
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@KatieMabley , if your account is suspended, use the reactivate button. If it's active, try the lost phone/found phone toggle.  Hopefully that will fix the problem.

@KatieMabley 

How much is your plan and what amount is in your balance? Try the reactivate plan option.

MoreYummy
Mayor / Maire

@KatieMabley wrote:

I have more than enough money in my balance, and my phone still does not work, and my plan is still expired.... I feel like public mobile is ripping me off and I'm telling all my friends about it. 

What issue you have?  Similar one or new one.  You need to explain more in details.

Need Help? Let's chat.