cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Number Transfer from Koodo Prepaid - cannot create ticket due to "Error logging inError log

tlawrenceatpm
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I submit a ticket to transfer my phone number over to my new Public Mobile account 7 hours ago and have heard nothing back.

Tracy

6 REPLIES 6

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Are there are alternatives to the phone ( places like banks will allow you to change code being sent by text to an email etc) 

@tlawrenceatpm wrote:

I have tried a private message too with no luck and currently I am locked out of everything that uses my cell phone for 2-factor authentication!

@tlawrenceatpm  - did you active with a temporary number and try to submit a ticket to request the port? If so, do you have services working with the temporary number?

Why can't you send a private message to CSA...does this not work for you?

Use this link to: Private Message to Public Mobile Customer Support Agents (CSA)

Specifically to port from Koodo Prepaid then there is this link available, and type in “port request” to be put in touch with a Customer Support Agent (CSA).

@alexbrds wrote:

Good to know that this might happen; I work 100% from home and have to use MFA (tied to the phone number to be transferred) every day. 

@alexbrds 

Make sure you aware, 2FA might not work immediately after porting.  This is normal for porting, not a PM specific issue

It might take around 3 to 7 business days.  Many system needs time to find out you ported  and hence have that delay.  Also, banks purposely add the delay in case of SIM fraud.  

So, you might need to plan what to do if you don't get the MFA for couple days after porting

alexbrds

Good to know that this might happen; I work 100% from home and have to use MFA (tied to the phone number to be transferred) every day. 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@tlawrenceatpm wrote:

I submit a ticket to transfer my phone number over to my new Public Mobile account 7 hours ago and have heard nothing back.

Tracy

@tlawrenceatpm   did you reply the text on your old provider ot approve the porting?

There is a number to call to confirm the porting status and ask them to retrigger the process.   I will message you on your community inbox, envelope icon on top right.  please check. 

tlawrenceatpm

I have tried a private message too with no luck and currently I am locked out of everything that uses my cell phone for 2-factor authentication!

Need Help? Let's chat.