cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: New Province-Wide Calling Plans + Limited-Time Offer on Canada-Wide Calling Plans

sarahfehr93
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, 

I cannot call the NWT with my Canada-wide plan. Is there a solution to this? 

10 REPLIES 10

I let other people call/msg me then add their incoming number as their Contact info on my device.

Let the network itself append whatever affixes, codes, numbers, or format it needs for my device and my contact to connect, lol.

Many people associate dialling a 1 and then the number with it being a long distance charge and since all of Canada is included in their plan they don't use the 1. BUT, dialling 1 accesses the long distance switching network which is still needed to call out of your traditional free calling area even though it isn't a chargeable call on your network. 

AE_Collector

LurganIeUk
Mayor / Maire

@sarahfehr93 wrote:

Hi, 

Where are you calling from?

Test trying to call the City of Yellowknife's main line - an automated menu system answers so you wont bother anyone for a short call:

1 (867) 920-5600

I just tested now (from Saskatchewan) -- it worked fine and deducted 1 minute from my plan's 100 canada-wide minutes.

Edit: I was also able to call that number for free using the TextNow app, so maybe try calling your number with that app too.

sarahfehr93

I haven't been able to get ahold of them. All I have is a phone number. 

sarahfehr93

Good Idea.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@sarahfehr93 wrote:

Hi, 

Hi @sarahfehr93 

If you know someone well enough in your area with Public Mobile who you can bother to perform a simple test, perhaps try having them call the number you're trying to reach in NWT to isolate whether issue is system-related or limited to your device/account/SIM settings.

LurganIeUk
Mayor / Maire

@sarahfehr93 wrote:

Hi, 

Just as a test......can they call you?

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@sarahfehr93 ,

Sounds like something the Moderators will need to look into as @computergeek541 posted.

In the meantime, try some basic trouble-shooting, sometimes works for weird network/phone issues:

*turn off your phone, leave off for a minutes, then reboot

*removing your SIM for a few minutes, then reinserting it

*go into airplane mode for a few minutes, then going back to regular mode

*reboot your phone again

@sarahfehr93 wrote:

Hi, 

I have read about some concerns that some customers have dialing numbers in the 867 area code. It is supposed to work, and these calls are included in Canada-wide calling plans. I'm going to assume that calls to other phoen numbers are working, so if you aren't arleady doing this, dial a 1 before the area code. If that doesnt' work, there could be an issue with your account. Open a ticket by going to:  https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

Need Help? Let's chat.