cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Holiday Data Giveaway Add-ons: One time use?

edm2021
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

SORRY I WANTED TO OPEN A NEW THEAD FOR THIS BUT I GUESS PUBLIC MOBILE CONTROLS IT . 

Public mobile is a Scam , they ask you to open the account but when it comes to customer service they are terrible , stay away from them . 

It has been more than 36 hrs of purchasing plan my sim is not ported and activated . They have already started charging my account but I am not being able to use any service . 

SEE THE ATTACHED FILE 

Edit: removed picture due to personal information

17 REPLIES 17

Everywhere say Support is all online.  People didn't read when they joined, have problem and then accuse PM being a scam.  What makes me laugh most is those who said they will complain with CRTC.

Kennantrent
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

No need to be upset cause they don't have customer service like the rest of the providers. I see its funny how people say that public mobile is a scam when they aren't. They are good and tell the truth when they are advertising. 

More “2GB” confusion here as well. She WILL get the 2GB One Time add-on Holiday Gift (as well as the 500 minutes of LD). She WON’T get the 2GB monthly data bump promo as she isn’t on a $35 or more plan AND because the activation was done at a dealer rather than DIY Online.

AE_Collector

Anonymous
Not applicable

@BKNS27 : She won't get $30. You get the $5x6. She'll get the usual $10. She should see the $10 within 3 days but usually overnight. Hopefully your referral count incremented up one.

@Anonymous 

Yes, my sister got the $15 plan and she used my referral code so she will get the bonus 2g, 500 minutes international calling and the $30 credit…I also get the $5 Refer a Friend.

I assume CS Agent are very busy adding our bonuses because it isn’t shown in our account.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes @BKNS27 : I hope your friend got a 15 or 25 plan. Otherwise they could have got the 2gb if they had activated themselves. Using your referral code they would have "paid" for the SIM too. But if they're on a lesser plan then they get the 10 bucks anyway. And you get the $5x6 credit. Rock n roll.

Nice to read good experiences at vendors not called Walmart.

Many stores give out free SIM.  Too bad PM usually give activation bonus to online activation only 

[sorry, .. was to edit but clicked wrong and made a new post]

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@edm2021 

We went into London Drugs couple of days ago to sign up my sister on PM. The person did warn us there are no contacts customer service for us to talk to and if we are computer savvy…everything is through chat.

LD gave her a FREE PM SIM with activation. They activated the SIM also FREE…no headaches no charge.

I called and texted her at LD to see if everything was OK before we even left LD.

Koodos to Patrick at LD! 👍

darkomega
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@HALIMACS wrote:

Agree @darkomega 

However the vast majority of porting issues can be resolved with many other steps a new user can take and usually do not require the porting team.

This is where the Community serves a valuable resource, thus keeping costs down and our bills at a 3rd tier pricing level.   😉

Yup, but I once had a port issue where my account was stuck in an unfinished port state it was a nightmare until that number was called (by the other carriers CSR they looked it up), needless to say, it was a complicated mess and more a fault of the automated system than any of the providers.

Agree @darkomega 

However the vast majority of porting issues can be resolved with many other steps a new user can take and usually do not require the porting team.

This is where the Community serves a valuable resource, thus keeping costs down and our bills at a 3rd tier pricing level.   😉

darkomega

@HALIMACS Agreed, just nice to have when moving around if issues arise, or if porting over a family member and an issue happens.

@HALIMACS wrote:

@esjliv wrote:

This sound like a porting issue - 

Call the Porting Team at 1-844-xxx-xxxx to assist with your port.

Way to go @esjliv by posting the Porting Team number!!!

I've always found it ridiculous that a certain PM staffer found that practice objectionable given the number is NOT private NOR unpublished.

It seems PM is simply trying to manage volume of non-porting related problems to that line which, while understandable, just isn't our problem.  Staff who answer that line can simply say they're not able to assist with non-porting related problems - DONE.

The way they 'punish' members is to sweep the forums once in awhile from posts which contain that number so some will risk losing a few bravos or solutions.

Big deal.

I wonder if PM Staff (NOT oracles, NOT certain busy-body users, NOT CS Agents) could chime in with a definitive reply on this.

Heck, if PM does not want the number published/posted, then do what we all advise other users....

Change it.

@HALIMACS  well,

esjliv_0-1639924940270.gif

I know of enough issues dealing with CSA, that can overwhelm or frustrate members sometimes. 

Public Mobile or Oracles can remove that post if this wish, but gesh get this member sorted out once and for all for goodness sake.

@darkomega 

Good plan ... however share it sparingly. 

They are UNABLE to assist with anything unrelated to in-progress porting issues.

So we really shouldn't be referring any other issues there - it's just wasting their time and those calling. 

darkomega

@HALIMACS Heck, I just saved that number on my phone, handy to have.

@esjliv wrote:

Way to go @esjliv by posting the Porting Team number!!!

I've always found it ridiculous that a certain PM staffer found that practice objectionable given the number is NOT private NOR unpublished.

It seems PM is simply trying to manage volume of non-porting related problems to that line which, while understandable, just isn't our problem.  Staff who answer that line can simply say they're not able to assist with non-porting related problems - DONE.

The way they 'punish' members is to sweep the forums once in awhile from posts which contain that number so some will risk losing a few bravos or solutions.

Big deal.

I wonder if PM Staff (NOT oracles, NOT certain busy-body users, NOT CS Agents) could chime in with a definitive reply on this.

Heck, if PM does not want the number published/posted, then do what we all advise other users....

Change it.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@edm2021 wrote:

SORRY I WANTED TO OPEN A NEW THEAD FOR THIS BUT I GUESS PUBLIC MOBILE CONTROLS IT . 

Public mobile is a Scam , they ask you to open the account but when it comes to customer service they are terrible , stay away from them . 

It has been more than 36 hrs of purchasing plan my sim is not ported and activated . They have already started charging my account but I am not being able to use any service . 

@edm2021  - Sometimes dealing with the back and forths with CSA can be frustrating and seems like it may be going no where.

Try sticking with it, and hopefully all will be working soon.

ALSO, 

See helpful info. here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/port-fraud-protection

Need Help? Let's chat.