cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Community moderater

mebwp
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have been on auto pay for years . autopay did not deduct payment. Account suspended. cant add credit card. Not impressed that my account could be just suspended with no warning, and I checked with my credit card company and they say no payment was requested from public mobile

32 REPLIES 32

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@RosieR glad to hear that!! I am just a customer like you so no need for the Mr Oracle sir comments.

ok got it.  thank you

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Maybe @Catherine_T  can look into this? She is from PM and posted the text should start August 18th however you did not receive one after that date.

@Catherine_T  any ideas? Thank you!

mebwp

when was your payment due date?

due date was Aug 22

mebwp

"Starting August 18th, 2020, we will be sending out SMS notifications for Autopay failures to keep customers informed while we work on fixing any preventable issues that may be causing these failures. We saw a lot of demand for this feature, and are excited for this new addition. We will still be sending out the existing account suspension SMS 

Phone was suspended on Aug 22. I did not receive SMS notifications for Autopay failure and I did not receive "

We will still be sending out the existing account suspension SMS 

And as I previously stated I received a SMS saying autopay credits etc have been applied.

and shortly after that with no warning my phone was suspended.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@mebwp  when was your payment due date?

Public mobile introduced the SMS feature on August 18th. If it was before this day that would be the reason you did not receive the text (unless you choose to ignore PM texts from certain numbers in the past)

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/SMS-Notification-for-Autopay-Error/m-p/...

Starting August 18th, 2020, we will be sending out SMS notifications for Autopay failures to keep customers informed while we work on fixing any preventable issues that may be causing these failures. We saw a lot of demand for this feature, and are excited for this new addition. We will still be sending out the existing account suspension SMS 

mebwp

No I did not receive any sms notification stating auto pay failure.

I received a sms stating rewards have been applied to my account, the same way it always does and nothing else.  Shortly after that phone did not work.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@mebwp you mentioned no notice. PM just recently introduced a SMS notification for autopay failures did you receive that sms? 

@RosieR glad to hear that!! I am just a customer like you so no need for the Mr Oracle sir comments.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@mebwp great to hear, if the techs give a reason maybe share here as we haven't heard anything as to why when this happens

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@mebwp wrote:

Sorry, didn't want to create any confrontations.

It took a few days to get back up and I am just waiting to find out from the tech department what went wrong.

Thanks everybody for all the help

@mebwp  This is a known issue and Public is aware of the problem. Auto-Pay will randomly fail on occasion, in your case it was 4 years for other users never and for a very few every month. Hopefully PM figures it out and fixes it soon. Regardless if one is on a prepaid or a postpaid plan, phones have become mission critical for day to day life, so suspending phone service because a phone company wont/cant fix their system bug is simply not acceptable.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mebwp wrote:

It took a few days to get back up and I am just waiting to find out from the tech department what went wrong.

Thanks for the update. Glad you got things going.

I recently tried out the instant top up. It worked nicely. No payment card. No voucher. No time. Just find the store that will do it and pay and it's done. In my case there was a little extra fee but it worked right away.

Now you have the luxury of time to figure out why the payment card didn't work.

mebwp

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@RosieR wrote:

@ShawnC13 oh Mr. Oracle sir.  I didn't say @Anonymous was abrasive nor confrontational at all.   I said "be a little bit more compassionate", which now I see is wrong because it would suggest that @Anonymous had compassion.  I should have said "be a little compassionate." 

@RosieR, I don't know why there needs to be this type of comment made.  This type of comment is asking for confrontation.  We are all here to help people not sure why comments like this are required.  I see you just registered recently, I hope your experience has been a positive one so far.

@ShawnC13 why thank you Mr. Oracle sir.  so far my experience has been positive and interesting indeed.  I might just stay a while.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@RosieR wrote:

@ShawnC13 oh Mr. Oracle sir.  I didn't say @Anonymous was abrasive nor confrontational at all.   I said "be a little bit more compassionate", which now I see is wrong because it would suggest that @Anonymous had compassion.  I should have said "be a little compassionate." 

@RosieR, I don't know why there needs to be this type of comment made.  This type of comment is asking for confrontation.  We are all here to help people not sure why comments like this are required.  I see you just registered recently, I hope your experience has been a positive one so far.

Me thinks RosieR is under of cover of an experienced user. Dare I say a certain cat. How about I not bother engaging.

@RosieR wrote:

@RosieR wrote:

@mebwp wrote:

Ok RosieR as you said lets keep it in perspective.

where was I yelling and screaming?

I was out for the day.

It happened  while I was in my car.

I was not given any options. All I knew was that my phone was not working.

I didn't know why since there was no warning no email absolutely nothing.

All I knew was that my phone did not work. period.

I had to figure it out. When I did I tried to pay with 3 different credit cards(all which were fine but did not work in the public mobile system.

It wasn't till I was home later that evening and could go on my computer that I was able to try and get a hold of a moderator to see what was going on and find out about vouchers.

Yes i know as you said technology happens.

What I was upset about and am still upset about is that the system would simply shut down my phone with absolutely no warning when I have been an excellent customer for 4 years.

What if my car broke down at night and I had no phone service . What if there was an emergency.

The point is if you have loyal customers and a payment does not go through properly, for whatever reason you dont just shut down there system automatically with no warning.

Not sure how that doesn't make sense to you

@mebwp I was not the one who said anything about "perspective".  I am the nice sympathetic one, geesh!  It's @Anonymous who you want to smack around. LOL

There is no need to smack around anyone.  I didn't think any of @Anonymous  post was abrasive or confrontational.  If you do you haven't been around long enough to see when he does get feisty. @mebwp  have you been able to get your service restored, are you in contact with the moderators?

@mebwp wrote:

I was out for the day.

I had to figure it out. When I did I tried to pay with 3 different credit cards(all which were fine but did not work in the public mobile system.

It wasn't till I was home later that evening and could go on my computer that I was able to try and get a hold of a moderator to see what was going on and find out about vouchers.

What I was upset about and am still upset about is that the system would simply shut down my phone with absolutely no warning when I have been an excellent customer for 4 years.

What if my car broke down at night and I had no phone service . What if there was an emergency.

The point is if you have loyal customers and a payment does not go through properly, for whatever reason you dont just shut down there system automatically with no warning.

@mebwp I was not the one who said anything about "perspective".  I am the nice sympathetic one, geesh!  It's @Anonymous who you want to smack around. LOL

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mebwp 

All of that is towards me. Not RosieR.

Their money-taking system absolutely needs to be fixed. And they have implemented a couple measures to inform people of a payment failure. But there absolutely should not be failures from their end. But for a pre-paid system, it can't know if you're just done with the service. Or the card has expired. Or you moved.

Unlike post-paid services like power and gas, this is pre-paid. You get all kinds of grace period and warning letters and such. In fact it's even hard for those utilities to shut you off. So I don't equate the two.

Any SIM-based cell phone can call 911 even without a SIM installed. So those kinds of emergencies can be handled.

mebwp

I was out for the day.

Public needs to fix this Auto-Pay fiasco asap. If I had my hydro or gas on autopay and everything worked for 4 years and all of a sudden it didn't to no fault of my own. If my hydro or gas was shutoff as a result  then I would be very upset. Technology happens is not an excuse not when this is a known issue that has been going on for a very long time.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@RosieR wrote:

@Anonymous can you be a little bit more compassionate?  After all the poor user has been with PM since 2016 and suddenly without warning their account got suspended.  Wouldn't you be upset also if that happened to you?  I would.

@mebwp that sucks big, isn't?  I hope your problem get solved asap.  Cheers!

The customer was offered options. If I had a service that worked perfectly for 4 years and suddenly it didn't, I would be well here we are it's my lucky day. Now what can I do get it going. Oh ok I could get vouchers or instant top-up and then figure things out with the moderators.

It's just about perspective.

We get people coming in screaming and yelling and threatening that they're going to leave over something out of the ordinary happening. Perspective.

Then we get people coming in asking what has happened and what to do. They get helped along the way. Maybe we can get them going. Maybe only the moderators can. The whole time the customer is keeping calm, cool and collected and off they go with a thank you.

Different strokes. Perspective.

@Anonymous wrote:

@mebwp wrote:

Still not up. Speaking to moderater who is looking into it.

was on 90 day auto pay. opened account in 2016. always deducted properly.

Account suspended. no email, no warning.

won't accept any credit card I put in.

will go to a store today to buy a voucher so at least my phone will work again.

Very disappointed  with the situation.

Please try to remember that you've had fine service all these years. Technology happens.

You can also buy vouchers online.

@Anonymous can you be a little bit more compassionate?  After all the poor user has been with PM since 2016 and suddenly without warning their account got suspended.  Wouldn't you be upset also if that happened to you?  I would.

@mebwp that sucks big, isn't?  I hope your problem get solved asap.  Cheers!

You can also make a payment using recharge.com or ding.com but there is a service charge.  

You could keep a balance in your account do in the event that your credit card fails there are funds to cover payment.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mebwp wrote:

Please try to remember that you've had fine service all these years. Technology happens.

You can also buy vouchers online.

mebwp

Hi @mebwp ,

Are you up and running today?

Did you still have services yesterday? If so, and your self serve My Account said Suspended, that can be the part of the 30 day renewal process the day before it renews.

shep22
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@mebwp contact the moderators ask Simon the robot  here to speak to a human to generate a ticket mention credit card failure   check envelope top right for a response they usually reply between 2-48 hours

mebwp

help please

mebwp

I have tried 2 different cards

Need Help? Let's chat.