cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Community Reward

Sophie19811
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I just saw this and I'm depressed again! It just gets harder the further you go with the new reward system! At the beginning, you still have some bonus points from PM, but after redeeming the rewards to reduced your monthly bills several times. Your points is close to zero. That means you have to start all over again. It's not so easy to accumulate little by little. Sigh!!!!!Chart 2022.jpg

10 REPLIES 10

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Sophie19811 

Sorry for such a late reply. The best way to make points work for you is thru add on redemptions. There are only three redemptions that are equal value. The $15 bill credit=15pts, $5/500min add on and the $5/200mb data add on. Additionally the bill credit represents true equal value, the $5/500min is very good value at $0.01min and the $5/200mb data add on is terrible value because 5×$5/200mb= $25/1gb of data. Unless you really need the bill credit never redeem for these three redemption "rewards".

Here's why....and your current plan makes you a perfect candidate for making points work for you. While convenient do you really need unlimited calling? Or more specifically unlimited outgoing calling? With a few minor changes in your calling habits you find that you may not use more than 200 minutes of outgoing calling. Download a voip app like textnow or fongo to call your own number to check voicemail for free or call the Chinese take out place you love but puts you on hold for 10 minutes.

You have 1gb of data with the $25 plan. Do you use all of it every month? Have you dipped into your holiday add on gifts much? Do you have much use for the international long distance minutes? 

When you make purchases you earn 5% back in points. In theory redemptions like the $15 bill credit won't earn 5% back (no one has confirmed this yet.)  Keep this in mind going forward....If you font need unlimited outgoing calling and if you use less than 1gb of data each month then you are much better off scheduling a change plan on next renewal to the $15 plan and using it like the old build your own plan that pm used to offer. So your base plan would look like this:

• $15 plan includes unlimited text messaging and incoming minutes (earn 0.75pts)
  • 100 outgoing minutes
  • 250mb of data
  • $5 purchase the $5/500min add on (earn 0.25pts)
  • redeem 10pts for the 1gb data add on
  • $20 monetary cost+$10 redemption value for the 1gb data add on (earn 1pt for 5% back)

While it appeared have spent more for your 30 day cycle the majority of your data (1gb/1.25gb) and outgoing minutes (100min/600min) are add ons that roll over every 30 days. Even if you still use 1gb of data you will have at least 250mb roll over or if you normally use less than 1gb lets say you average 750mb and on average you will likely only use an extra 100 outgoing minutes with 400 minutes rolling over every 30 days. By redeeming for discounted add on data you start to save on your bill cost.

• 1st month : $15+$5=$20+$10=$30+1pt earned (250mb or 500mb+400min rolls over)
  • 2nd month : $15+$10(10pt/1gb)=$25+0.75pt earn (500mb or 1gb+300min rolls over)
  • 3rd month : $15 unlikely to need data=$15+0.75pt earn (0mb or 500mb+200min rolls over)
  • 4th month : $15+$10(10pt/1gb) or no data=$25/$15+0.75pt(250mb or 0mb+100min rolls over)

After 3 months using 1gb of data on average would cost $70+200 add on min=$5 saved or $23/30 days but using only 750mb of data per month after 4 months would cost $85+100min=$15 saved or $21/30 days. After 12 months you save either $26 or $48 and earn 10 points+10 annivesary points=20pts. Your savings in value $26+20pts=$46 or $48+20pts=$68

With autopay you would have earned $2×12 months=$24+$36($3 loyalty×12)=$60 after 3 years, $24+$48=$72 after 4 years and $24+60=$84 after 5 years. So you save more until after the 5th year when you use in average 750mb per month and even then you only lose $16 per year in rewards vs $58 by just using bill credits and staying on the $25 plan. Make points work for you!

To contact customer support : Submit a support ticket via SIMon the chat bot Click here 

Or if you cannot submit a ticket via SIMon then Click here   ....for additional member supplied info.

Sophie19811

I am on the $25 plan. What are your suggestions?

Lol true story

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Sophie19811 

Are you on the $15 plan? Or the $25? I can give you some suggestions on how to best work the points program....but I realize it sucks the big one!

To contact customer support : Submit a support ticket via SIMon the chat bot Click here 

Or if you cannot submit a ticket via SIMon then Click here   ....for additional member supplied info.

The duplicate/repetitive messages have been removed and replies from mutiple threads have been combined into one therad.

@Sophie19811 

Please continue the dicussion in one message thread.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Sophie19811   the main changes on the new system is the $2 Autopay discount gone and the loyalty discount gone.  It is a big lost, I agree.  To get a constant reward to make that up, you have to ask more friends to come over to collect Friend Referrals.  

The $1 , $2 Community reward is doable, but you have to spend time here. 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Sophie19811 

What plan do you have? You have to make the points work for you!

Sophie19811

I regret it so~~~~~much!! The previous reward system, at least five dollars a month deduction. Now... Do not know when can gather together enough points to redeem the $15 off reward!!

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Sophie19811   You seem to be a member since 2019 and so should be on the old rewards unless you opted into the new points system?

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Sophie19811 yes everyone starts all over again each month earning community rewards.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.