cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Activation problems

JPC1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I received a text from Public Mobile at 12:16 PM today (Aug 14) asking me to restart my phone, which I did several times, with the Koodo SIM turned off and with it on. The phone number is still assigned to the Koodo SIM and the Public eSIM number is “unknown”. There is no phone or data service on the eSIM, only on the Koodo SIM. How do I get the transfer completed? JC

3 REPLIES 3

@JPC1 wrote:

No. There is only service with the Koodo SIM turned on. If I turn it off I have no data and no phone service.

This likely means that there is a set up issue with your Public Mobile account.  Remember that this is not a number porting issue, so that means that the Telus porting team should not be called.  Please contact a Public Mobile customer support agent using the chatbot (there is an icon in the bottom right).

JPC1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

No. There is only service with the Koodo SIM turned on. If I turn it off I have no data and no phone service.

@JPC1 wrote:

I received a text from Public Mobile at 12:16 PM today (Aug 14) asking me to restart my phone, which I did several times, with the Koodo SIM turned off and with it on. The phone number is still assigned to the Koodo SIM and the Public eSIM number is “unknown”. There is no phone or data service on the eSIM, only on the Koodo SIM. How do I get the transfer completed? JC

When Public Mobile sends the text messaging that says to restart the phone, number porting has already completd.  Is the Public Mobile service working?

Need Help? Let's chat.