cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Randomly Disconnected from the Public Mobile Network?

michaelc9181
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

It appears that I have been disconnected from the Public Mobile Network as I am receving the "No Service" alert on my phone. I have not been able to use data, place calls or text as a result. This seems odd since my account is up-to-date and I have not made any changes to my plan.

So far I have tried resetting my phone (iPhone SE), resetting the Network Settings, and removing/inserting the SIM card.

Any advice? Also, could I request to have my next bill prorated?  

Thanks,

Michael

**Additional Info: I've been a customer for ~8 months now.

11 REPLIES 11

mike_mccorms

@xCameron94x haha no worries. On Fridays the brain can already be in "weekend mode".

Ok thanks for clarifying. Sounds like I'll just have to wait a while until the new cycle begins. What will I do for 24 hours with no Internet??? AHHH!!! It's ok, I'll live ......  #firstworldproblems

michaelc9181

@xCameron94x I sent a message to @moderator_team just now. Is this ok? Or, should I direct my message elsewhere?

Yea that should be it. Dont know why i thought it said renewal date (early friday probs). Once the payment is made, your plan will re-new.

mike_mccorms

Thanks Cameron. I don't see a renewal date. I see a "Payment Due Date" of August 12, 2017. Is that the same thing as renewal date?

@michaelc9181 you should contact the mods, maybe they can look into something, or would know if there is some sort of network issue

@mike_mccorms in your self-serve. You will see the re-newal date under the "Available Funds" in smaller letters. If today is close to the re-newal date, you can always contact a mod about renewing your plan earlier

mike_mccorms

That's probably it then. Wouldn't surprise me if all data is used up for this 90-day cycle.

Is there a way for me to find out when my next cycle begins? i.e. when my next 90-day cycle starts, and presumably I'll have more data.

@mike_mccorms if your add ons have dissapeared, it means that you must have used up all of the "usage" (Example being data, is all used up). Are you still able to make calls and send/receive texts?

mike_mccorms

I've been experiencing network connectivity issues this morning as well. My phone says I'm connected to the PM network, however the Internet isn't working. Also my account page seems strange - none of  my add-ons are showing up or anything. Not sure if there's an issue with my account? Or just some form of general network issue. Help?

michaelc9181

Thanks for trying to help me out!

My self-serve shows that my account is active. I'm in Toronto at the moment and have not heard of any outages in this area. I don't have another phone unfortunately 😞 

xCameron94x
Mayor / Maire

If you log into your self-serve does it show that your account is active, or suspended?

Also maybe there is a Telus network issue. There was an issue last week where most of Eastern Canada didnt have cell service for a few hours 

Edit: Can you try a sim in another phone?

Need Help? Let's chat.