cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[RESOLVED itself, please disregard] Porting Issues: Can't receive calls or texts

shanaedawn
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

This fixed itself, please see my reply. 

Hi, Community! I just ported my number from Rogers to Public on a new device and mostly everything (data, outbound calls and texts) seems to be working. However, the following inbound services are not working, even after removing the SIM from my old Rogers phone:

• Inbound calls; and,
  • Inbound texts.

Inbound calls are going to my old Rogers voicemail, still. Is this just a matter of waiting? I've restarted my new phone, and I assume the new SIM card is fine because my data is working and usage is appearing in My Account (3G speeds are killing it, btw). 

Suggestions?

3 REPLIES 3

shanaedawn

Thank you! This fixed itself within moments of my initial post. I appreciate your quick respose!! 😄

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @shanaedawn.  How long has it been since you set up (& ported your number from Rogers).  It usually doesn't take very long to port from Rogers.  If it has been more than a couple of hours, your port might be stuck.  In that situation you would need to get in touch with the moderator team and ask them to retyr the number port.  In the meantime, you should be able to keep using your Rogers SIM/account.  When the Rogers account/SIM dies, the port should be complete.

Click here to send the moderator team a private message. Their hours are: Mon-Fri 9AM-9PM(EST) & Sat/Sun 9AM-7:30PM(EST)
You can find information regarding the moderator team by following this link.

shanaedawn

This was resolved within literally 60 seconds of posting; got a text saying everything was set up and good to go. Really impressed with Public so far! Thanks, team! 😄

Need Help? Let's chat.