cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

REQUEST TO MODIFY THE AREA CODE OF MY PHONE NUMBER

Olayemi
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Dear Public Mobile team,   I have missed quite a number of opportunities due to my new number having the area code 825 as a lot of my friends assume its not an Alberta area code. Can you please modify my phone number area code to 587 ?   My current phone number is 1 825-******************

8 REPLIES 8

@hairbag1 wrote:

You should send a private message to get this resolved. Also, you should delete your phone number as this is a public forum and as such...alot of people can see your info. Good luck.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

There is no need to contact a moderator to change a phone number.  I realize that the moderators can answer questions about this type of stuff, but asking about things that customers here are expected to do themselves will only make other customers who actually do need the help of moderators wait longer. 

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Olayemi wrote:

Can you please help with the link for the self serve, it seems I am not able to navigate to the link. Thanks

1.  Login to your self-serve account.

https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca

2.  Select [Plan and Add-Ons]--> [Change Phone Number] --> [Select a new phone number] to change your phone number with different area code.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Olayemi wrote:

Hi pal, please send me the link for the self server, many thanks.

Way up top right orange My Account.

Olayemi

Hi pal, please send me the link for the self server, many thanks.

Olayemi

Can you please help with the link for the self serve, it seems I am not able to navigate to the link. Thanks

@Anonymous wrote:

@Olayemi wrote:

Dear Public Mobile team,   I have missed quite a number of opportunities due to my new number having the area code 825 as a lot of my friends assume its not an Alberta area code. Can you please modify my phone number area code to 587 ?   My current phone number is xxxxxxxxxx

What happens when YOU dial 587 and your 7 digits? If someone else has that number then...

If you go into Change Your Number in the self serve, can you find any choices starting with 587?

IIRC, selecting Fort McMurray brings up oodles of 587 numbers. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Olayemi wrote:

Dear Public Mobile team,   I have missed quite a number of opportunities due to my new number having the area code 825 as a lot of my friends assume its not an Alberta area code. Can you please modify my phone number area code to 587 ?   My current phone number is xxxxxxxxxx

What happens when YOU dial 587 and your 7 digits? If someone else has that number then...

If you go into Change Your Number in the self serve, can you find any choices starting with 587?

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

You should send a private message to get this resolved. Also, you should delete your phone number as this is a public forum and as such...alot of people can see your info. Good luck.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.