cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions about the Canada/US $34 plan

Baruch
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

1. Is it a prepaid or postpaid plan?

2. Can I use the minutes, text, data, etc. from the US the same way I use them in Canada? In other words, if I switch to that plan then move to the US for 5 years, can I continue using it? (Yes, I know that the US plans are cheaper. I am asking about the plan, not the financial wisdom).

3. How does one port a Koodo number to that plan, using an eSIM? (phone does not have physical slot)

Thank you!

3 REPLIES 3

Baruch
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you both!

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Baruch  1 it’s pre paid 

2 yes it can be used in both country’s talk text and data true snow bird plan 

3 you can port in the Koodo number yourself assuming you have Koodo post paid . During the activation using PM app . If Koodo pre paid you need to first pick temp PM

phone number then get support to transfer number for you 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Baruch , currently there are no restrictions on using the plan in the US and Canada.  So it's essentially one plan two countries.  As for doing this for 5 years, who knows what the future holds.  For number transfer, that's done during the activation process.  Simply submit the number transfer credentials.  Make sure to use account number instead of IMEI. 

Need Help? Let's chat.