cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions Before Switching from Freedom Mobile

Aquariatus
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi all,

I'm looking to make the switch from Freedom as they currently do not cover my area consistently (frustrating!!) but I have some questions before doing so.

I'm looking into the Freedom Promotion, will I have 4GB of data per month, for as long as I'm with Public Mobile, and will it stay at the 40$/month price?

Does PM use the Telus network?

4 REPLIES 4

sbreakin
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Last fall i ordered SIM's on Fri night, MOnday they were shipped & arrived in Vancouver on Wed I was so surprised that I recall checking if it was sent locally as it was so fast. (& envelope said TO).

You have 6 business days to order & get them- as long as you activate by next Friday 30th

You have a head start as you are already member of community & reading up on process.

I am super happy with PM. SUre there's no call center or physical store but I find the community has unbelievably fast response times from the community & I've seen Mod's reply within minutes - although during promo's that could slow down as they wrok through any issues (such as porting).

Directions are here:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Competitive-Response-Limited-Time-Offer...

IMPORTANT: Getting the plan

As a Freedom Mobile customer, you can sign up for the promotional plan through the activation process. You will need to have your SIM card in hand in order to activate, so please be sure to order it first! Once you have your SIM card in hand, please note the following:

1. During the activation process, you will be prompted to enter your current phone number and current provider account information in order to successfully port your number over.  
  2. In the activation process, you will be prompted to choose a plan.  Please select the following combination in our plans calculator:
  • 90-day plan
  • Unlimited Province-wide Talk
  • Plan Subtotal: $120
  • 6GB*data (+6GB bonus will be added within 72 hours - that’s 12GB over 90 days = 4GB/month for $40!)
  • Unlimited Global Text

3. Register on the above plan and complete the activation process.  Once activated, your data plan will be upgraded from 6GB per 90 days to 12GB per 90 days within 72 hours.  Note: Within 72 hours, your 6GB bonus will be applied. Please check your online account/self-serve to verify you have received your bonus 6GB.

PS: Hopefully won't need it but being former boy scout might want to read the being prepared thread - so u r ready.  But don't worry - while I had a port issue with one line (partly my fault) the other went fine & no issues since & i've added USA add on coverage plan.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/BE-PREPARED/m-p/112014#M20827

pakmode
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

If you are in Toronto you should get it the next day or 2 days max. 

wonderdollar
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

HI,

I am also a frustrated Freedom Mobile Customer and would like to switch to PM. However, there is only very short time left and if I order SIM online and it does not come in time or get activated in time, I lose the plan. What happens to my money as it needs to be paid in advance. Is there any Public Mobile outlet in Toronto where I can go and readily pay for the SIM are service and activate my phone with PM SIM immediately.

Thanks

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Yes, you'll be able to keep renewing the same plan as long as you don't make any changes.  As for price changes, there are no guarantees, but as far as I know, PM has only ever changed prices for their legacy or grandfathered plans.

PM uses the Bell + Telus network across Canada.

Need Help? Let's chat.