cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question

Hank6
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

$34.00 for Unlimited Canada -US wide minutes + 50GB Data at 5G Speed 

Does this plan mean I can use my phone and Data when in the USA at no additional cost or require any add-ons?

5 REPLIES 5

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Hank6 

As the name of the plan applies…Canada-USA. Works in both countries. Just have to connect to AT&T or T-Mobile network on your phone settings while in the USA.

DivaRB
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Yes, it works beautifully. Make sure your data roaming is turned on though or it wont work.  
we crossed the border yesterday and it worked seamlessly.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Hank6  Yes that’s exactly what it means , it’s a true snow bird plan . Use in the  US just like you were at home . Just remember to have data roaming turned on in phone settings . And set phone to 4G/LTE not 5G and connect to T mobile or AT&T . And enjoy your time away 🙂

slusagm
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

there are 2 different $34 plans, one for Canada only and one for Canada-US.  Make sure you have  the correct Canada-US plan, then you can use the service in US just like in Canada, so no additional fees  Just make sure you turn on data roaming on the phone and connected to T-Mobile or AT&T

eddieO
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Hank6

yes it will work Canada to Canada, Canada to US, US to Canada and US to US, calling, texting and data. My wife was just in the US last month and it worked well using T-Mobile but also AT&T. Just make sure the $34 plan you select is the Canada/US plan as there is another $34 plan that does NOT have US but has unlimited throttled data

If your phone is not on PM's VoLTE whitelist of devices: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/volte then you might need to manually select T-Mobile for calling as they still have 2G service whereas AT&T does not and 3G no longer works in the US

Need Help? Let's chat.