cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about cancelling

Preme
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Just curious,

I have signed up for the $40/4GB plan as many of you have. Wondering if I cancel before the 120 days are up, will I receive a refund of the pro-rated amount? Or will I get zero due to it being a prepaid service?

Thanks

14 REPLIES 14

awwtowa
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm trying to switch over from Freedom and I seem to be having issues... they didn't get the account created and I didn't have service for 1+days... Actually still not sure I have service, they say the account is active now but the email said potentially may still have issues with the number porting... Terrible experience with Activation, Slow customer support, Still waiting for my 12 gbs, and service interruption even though my credit card has been debited. I'm starting to wonder if I made a mistake. 

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Hi @prasprime,

Please try not to ask the same question multiple times.

I just answered this for you here:

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/How-to-Change-existing-plan-If-I-am-portin...

Please see the above link.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

prasprime
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Do I get refund. I have Available Funds: $91.00

Just curious to know. If I am cancelling my plan. Thanks. 

Also, How to modify or change existing plan.  

Thanks 

WearySky
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Preme wrote:

Thanks for the reply.

I just signed up for PM however found out today that as I am a government employee, I can get a plan for $63 which includes 4GB of data.Through that plan, I can subsidize an iPhone 7 32GB at $200 down  or a google pixel for $0 down, on a 2 year contract

So essentially, if I pay ~$25 more a month, I can get a subsidized phone worth ~$900.

As long as you're planning on ditching that plan after your contract is up (before you've been there for 36 months), you're definitely coming out ahead.  Otherwise, once you're with them for 36 months you've just paid off that phone in equal $25/month payments 🙂

neilselden
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Glad to hear that you're staying, @Preme!

Preme

Here's another option I was considering though:

Telus
1) Get Google Pixel for $0 down
2) Total plan payments: $63 x 24months x 1.12 = $1693.44
3) Sell Google Pixel for $800 ( I have a iPhone 6S already)

Net price for 2 years of service = $883.44

versus

Public mobile
$38 (autopay credit) x 24months x 1.12 = $1,021.44

not a huge difference but you get the idea.

I agree with your points though. I was contemplating switching however ultimately I think I will stick with PM for now. I don't need the latest and greatest devices.

Sameer

$63/monthly*24 months = 1512$ + 200 down = $1700 assuming 63$/month is tax included.

PM: $43/monthly*12months + $42/monthly*next 12 months = $1000 for 2 years.

After 2 years, your monthly decreases another $1/month (+ any referrer bonus from PM). And all you need to do is maybe wait a bit to possibly get the iphone 7 for around 700-800$ which puts you even.

Consider that by next year the iphone7 depreciates and might settle to 500-600, and you would have to keep paying it off, vs easily selling a phone and buying a latest one if you wanted.

Just something to think about. If you are sold on switching, of course go ahead, but consider that the monthly cost won't decrease, only increase as inflation increases.

@hlzhang wrote:

Don't think you need to port number out before 90 days expire. Some company will keep the number after expire for 1 year. I'm not sure if PM did the same.

Maybe, don't count on it.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

hlzhang

Don't think you need to port number out before 90 days expire. Some company will keep the number after expire for 1 year. I'm not sure if PM did the same.

Whops, one more thing. If you plan to port your PM number do that before the 90 days expire.

FYI: you are not restricted to 4 GB/month. If you plan to leave early, just use as much data whenever you wish. When you get to 12 GB, data just stops, though you can continue with MMS.

Right, net gain of $300.

Another thought, don't forget to delete your credit card and turn off autopay.

Preme

Thanks for the reply.

I just signed up for PM however found out today that as I am a government employee, I can get a plan for $63 which includes 4GB of data.Through that plan, I can subsidize an iPhone 7 32GB at $200 down  or a google pixel for $0 down, on a 2 year contract

So essentially, if I pay ~$25 more a month, I can get a subsidized phone worth ~$900.

ute1978
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

As PM is a prepaid service there will be no refunds for unused service or if you want to cancel the plan.

neilselden
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hi,

PM is strictly prepaid.

You will not receive anything back if you decide to cancel early.

Just curious: why would you consider cancelling?

I switched to PM two weeks ago and.. seriously.. I love it.

Cheers,

Neil

Need Help? Let's chat.