Did you mean: 

Puk code

Noahthomp
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Where can I find my puk code.  Need it to use my sim card in a different phone

11 REPLIES 11

Noahthomp

It can't be that as it's the exact same phone that I'm trying to put it into. 

I can't even find my sim card number on my account. It's not showing me the full sim ..which I apparently need to complete a ticket. I give up lol

Sarlye
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Noahthomp 

I had the same issue when I tried to put my SIM card to my old unlocked Sony Ericsson candy bar phone. I got the PUK code from the manufacturer and my old provider Rogers and it wouldn’t work. The final conclusion was that the tech in the old phone was just too old and it doesn’t have enough to read the new SIM.

My brother had the same issues with an older Motorola Razor 

i don’t think you mentioned what your old phone was, maybe that is the issue.

ddeep91
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Noahthomp Oh,  if you have tried the code multiple times and the  Simcard is locked then you will need to contact the mod team to get the sim unlock code.

you will need to create a ticket 

To Submit a ticket, start a conversation with the Public's virtual assistant, SIMon

• Click The "?" at the bottom right corner.
    This connects to the Autobot SImon.
  • Type "Moderator" and follow the prompts.

(CLICK on the " Account Specific Question " and afterwards click on "No, I want a human and you will see an "Submit a ticket Click me!)
           Type a message describing the problem

OR  

You can also >>>Click here<<< to connect with SImon and submit a ticket.

cheers

Noahthomp

The phone is unlocked. That's why I'm confused. Because they can't  help me. The phone is already unlocked it just won't let me use this sim without a puk code

ddeep91

@Noahthomp 

If your phone is locked to bell then only bell is able to give you the  PUK code.

They ask for you the phones IMEI and they give you the  "PUK" code.

When you insert PM'S Simcard it should then ask you to enter the PUK code.

Enter the code correctly and carefully

Your Pm's sim card should start working once the phone is restarted.

Noahthomp

So it will work on my current phone but I am trying to put it into an old phone. But it won't work without this puk code. I contacted the provider to make sure the phone was unlocked and they said I needed a code from public mobile.

zblackma
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

You would either have to contact the previous provider or the manufacturer to get the phone unlocked. It isn't SIM locked, our you couldn't use it in your current phone @Noahthomp .

Noahthomp

I called the old provider and they explain that it was public mobile that I needed to get the puk code from. It was locked through bell. They gave a code but said it would not work until I got the puk code from public mobile. Just not sure where to get that information 

ddeep91

@Noahthomp 

Which provider is the phone locked to?

you will need to contact your old provider that the sim is locked to

They will give you the PUK code you can use to unlock your device. 

If your phone is from Canada you will be able to get the puck code for free from them.

cheers

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Here is a previous thread with an explaination by one of the oracles, Luddite. https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/PUK-Code/m-p/423240

Need Help? Let's chat.