cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PublicMobile blocking SMS

B3rs
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

I'm trying to receive an SMS from Spain, and I'm confident that the message has been sent correctly. However, I'm not receiving it on my phone. I've already checked my configuration, and I don't have any blocking filters in place. The phone number from which I should receive the SMS is in my contacts list, and the sender has confirmed that they've sent the message. It's possible that my telephone operator might be blocking the message without my knowledge.

Could you please advise on what steps I can take to resolve this issue? Your help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
B3rs

4 REPLIES 4

I was helping a friend yesterday and he was using a 3rd party app that was causing the same issue.
Try resetting your network on your phone.

B3rs
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

SMS and MMS are enabled and I don't have a 3d party SPAM blocker installed on my phone.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@B3rs 

PM does not block SMS text. You should receive SMS text internationally. Check the settings on your phone to see if SMS and MMS is enabled.

Do you have a 3rd party spam blocker on your phone like Trueblocker? This could be the problem. Disable it and see if that helps.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@B3rs 

are you waiting for SMS message sent by friends in Spain or those 2FA or shortcode messages sent by businesses?

If messages from friends, you should receive.  But did you just port in your number into PM within a week?  Sometimes text need time to find out your phone number has a new "home" and hence you might not get all the text on the first week.

But if you are expecting shortcodes or 2FA messages from Spain , then you might not get it, which is normal.  International shortcode text, like 2FA text from overseas banks, are not guaranteed., it is a hit or miss. It might work on some providers sometime and experience show it will breaks sometime 

Only Canadian shortcode text found here are guaranteed 

https://www.txt.ca/en/current-short-code-programs/

Need Help? Let's chat.