cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Public Mobile charged me twice for my plan on the same day

wangfan66
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I was charged twice on 07/15 for my plan, once at 7:16am, once at 8:06am, but my payment history in self-serve shows that there's only supposed to be one payment on 07/15. Was it an error? Can I get a refund for the extra charge?

7 REPLIES 7

@wangfan66 

I would suggest you contact your CC company since you are on AutoPay. It will show the payment with your cell phone number associated with the amount payment. It shouldn’t have charged you twice. Hopefully you CC wasn’t compromised and one was pending charges and the other was approved charges as noted by @esjliv.

wangfan66

Thank you for the contact link, I wasn't able to find it myself, and the AI agent didn't help at all.

wangfan66

But I have auto-pay on for years now, I've never manually paid, and I'm not seeing any credit in my account.

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Leave it in your available balance to cover next renewal as mentioned.. That way you won't have your card charged again until September 

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@wangfan66 

The double charge is because you clicked the payment twice.
The extra charge will remain in your account as credit which will apply to your next month payment.

You can request for a refund from a CS_Agent but it will take up to 30 days to process (time for your next month payment) so better to just leave it in your account.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@wangfan66 

Credit cards companies can show both Pending and Authorized/Approved charges. Sometimes there are multiple Pending charges showing during activations or renewals, but when the payment gets authorized, the incorrect amounts will fall away, then the real one will stay.

But..July 15th is some time away. So these are both confirmed/authorized charges? Did you activate an account and have an issue with activating at that time?

There are 2 ways to reach CSA, found here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent

Timer
Mayor / Maire

@wangfan66 

use browser from computer, clear cache and cookies and use one page inPrivate mode,

To Login Page

do you show that amount at Available Fund then ok keep it for next cycle will be taken from there automatically.

or contact to support team by CS_Agent

Need Help? Let's chat.