cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Public Mobile Points Questions

Aq3
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi PM community, I had a couple of questions on the Public Mobile points reward system. I am currently on a plan that existed before 2022 so I have a legacy plan that isn't available in the Shop menu. I have 4 yrs of loyalty bonus,  4 referrals and $2 for online signup so I get $4 + $4 + $2 = $10 off my plan each month.

I've read through the points redemption document here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/reward-rules

Here are some of the questions I had.

1. if I change my plan to one of the new ones from the flash sale (ends Sept 5), will my existing rewards update to the following?

• 4 Points / month Loyalty
  • 4 Points / month referrals
  • 5% of whatever my remaining bill is (will the points be rounded up or down?)
  • Nothing for auto-renewal

2. For point redemption, will they automatically be applied at 15 points every time or will I have to manually choose 15 Points for $15 every time?

Please let me know if I misunderstood anything or if I'm completely off track here.

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4

BeartheBear
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks!

JRod
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Aq3 

From my understanding if you are on the legacy rewards system, changing your plan will not switch you over to the new rewards system. You will continue to earn rewards as you were previously. The legacy rewards are tied to your account so as long as you don’t close the account or manually opt into the new reward system you will stay with the legacy system. All long time members suggest staying on it and never switching to the new reward system. 

Abheer
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi there @Aq3 

1. No, changing your plan should not affect your rewards as long as the new plan is under the same self-serve account as your previous plan.

2. For every 15 points, you will have to redeem them manually by signing in to your self-serve account then going to "My Rewards" and redeeming it.

Hope this helped! Have a nice day!

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

1. No.
2. Manually.

Don't change to points.

Need Help? Let's chat.