cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Public Mobile Checkout Page Issue

shivasurya
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

When I shop for used mobile phones in publicmobile.ca page, the checkout page at final step keeps adding lot of SIM card and page gets refreshed everytime and makes the checkout page unusable.

please fix it.

24 REPLIES 24

LitlLdy
Mayor / Maire

@shivasurya wrote:

Hello,

When I shop for used mobile phones in publicmobile.ca page, the checkout page at final step keeps adding lot of SIM card and page gets refreshed everytime and makes the checkout page unusable.

please fix it.

@shivasurya , issue is now resolved!

Resolved-Checkout-Glitch 

@softech , sorry I see you posted it!

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@shivasurya 

issue is now resolved, you can go back and buy your phone.  

If you have something in your cart already, change them all to 0 quantity, click update and then re-buy again

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Resolved-Checkout-Glitch/m-p/972798

@J_PM wrote:

@LitlLdy We're currently investigating. Update to come shortly! 

@J_PM , I created a support ticket on Monday about it. Thank you so much for taking the time to respond. We appreciate that.

@LitlLdy We're currently investigating. Update to come shortly! 

HI @LitlLdy 

I tried it too, I see the problem still.

LitlLdy
Mayor / Maire

@J_PM , could you please post an official announcement that you’re aware of this issue & it’s being worked on? Along with updates? It’s been a few days!

@softech , I know! It looks bad for PM when people are trying to order but with that said they may be overloaded with technical issues that they’re working on besides this issue!

@LitlLdy surprised it takes long...

LitlLdy
Mayor / Maire

Update from the Senior CSA: 

“Hope your day is going well! 

I come back to you to let you know that the issue has not been resolved yet, our technical support team is still working on this, and will be resolved as soon as possible! 
I will keep you posted! 
Kind regards, (I removed her name) PM team”

LitlLdy
Mayor / Maire

@shivasurya wrote:

Hello,

please fix it.

@shivasurya , I have submitted a support ticket to a Senior CSA to get Tech Support to fix this issue & I received a response back just now from the one that has always worked hard communicating with every department here to get every single issue resolved when I have been blessed enough to get her! I didn’t include her name in this post in case I am not allowed to.

”Hello, I am a senior CSA I am also working for the CPO department. 
Thank you so much for getting in touch with us and letting us know about this issue! 
Your feedback's really important to us and this time as this is a technical issue will be helping all our customers. 
Thank you so much and we really appreciate your help! 
The issue has been just sent to our technical department and it will be resolved as soon as possible! ”

@maximum_gato wrote:

@LitlLdy 

Lol....if they wanted more referrals maybe they would have sent me my free Sim card instead of offering my "referral" a $10 credit?!! I don't know how that compensates me for not recieving my Sim card? Public Mobile is Grrrrreat! 🐯

@maximum_gato , sounds like PM got a little or a lot confused 🤣

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@LitlLdy 

Lol....if they wanted more referrals maybe they would have sent me my free Sim card instead of offering my "referral" a $10 credit?!! I don't know how that compensates me for not recieving my Sim card? Public Mobile is Grrrrreat! 🐯

@softech wrote:

@LitlLdy   no worry, your machine is all safe.  Just some rookie programmer accidentally put the add sim card into a loop (but also forgot the put change it back to $0   🙂  )

and thanks for reporting it to support  👍

@softech , I find the bugs keep getting worse! Glad this was brought to our attention! I felt bad for the Op.

@LitlLdy   no worry, your machine is all safe.  Just some rookie programmer accidentally put the add sim card into a loop (but also forgot the put change it back to $0   🙂  )

and thanks for reporting it to support  👍

@softech , @maximum_gato I should not have looked! The page kept jumping like crazy adding well over 200 SIM cards! Scared me! Looked like I was being hacked! I had to completely close down my browser & reboot! I’m submitting a ticket now to report this!

IMG_0144.jpeg

@softech wrote:

@shivasurya   look like a glitch , I am buying an iPhone XR and I got to 24 sim cards now  🙂

softech_0-1681774623475.png

@softech that’s crazy! 🤣 The glitches keep getting worse or they really want those referrals & pushing to sell those SIM cards fast! 😂

@maximum_gato   maybe once it hit 100 Sim cards, the system will finally update the sim cost to $0.. I should have waited  🙂

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@softech 

I take these things as a sign that it's not meant to be.....?

@shivasurya 

I think there might be a better device out there with your name on it?

@shivasurya different browsers (Incognito or not), different phones, same. 😞

I guess it is not the day to buy phones.  Please wait till PM fixes the issue

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@shivasurya   look like a glitch , I am buying an iPhone XR and I got to 24 sim cards now  🙂

softech_0-1681774623475.png

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@shivasurya 

You do get a free Sim card with a phone purchase so it will automatically be added to your order. Is it adding more than one and charging you for them ?

Curious....if you don't mind sharing which phone you are trying to purchase ? Not all phones sold by pm are VoLTE compatible and we may be able to suggest a purchase elsewhere for better value.

So @shivasurya … you know you’re dealing with other customers here and not public mobile staff, right?

Maybe they can fix it.

To contact a Customer Support Agent, there are 2 methods:

1. Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click here and type Customer Support Agent, then select Contact Us, then select Other (or the topic that more closely matches your request).  Click the result which states Click here to submit a ticket and follow the prompts,  or, 

2. Send a private message to the Customer Support Agent by clicking here  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

shivasurya
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm on desktop - clearing things up I tried chrome, Firefox, edge - and incognito window and with cleared cache. Please dont ask me to restart my computer. 

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@shivasurya 

recommendation would be to try this using desktop or laptop.

If using mobile device, those types of features in the shop tab and self serve pages can get wonky.

Need Help? Let's chat.