cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Province-wide calling not working

sharonsunhye
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
Hi All, I have unlimited province-wide calling on my plan, and I'm currently in Ontario. I'm in Barrie now, though when I try to call areas like Marathon and White River, which are further north but still in Ontario, my calls won't go through. I get the operator's voice saying that I don't have a long-distance add-on and thus the call can't be connected. Anyone have a similar problem? If so, how did you get this fixed? Thank you!
3 REPLIES 3

sirvar
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Add +1 to the number before calling and you won't get the message when it's in the province.

sharonsunhye
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
Thank you so much - very helpful!

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

The coverage map https://publicmobile.ca/en/on/coverage shows no service in White River.

Did you give up when the message played? If so, just ignore it and see if the call connects. If the calls do not connect, click this: message to moderators to send a private message to the moderator team with your phone number and an explanation including the numbers that fail.

Meanwhile, if you need to make phone calls try an application like that from fongo.com. It provides free calling across Canada from wherever you are connected to wifi, or on cellular data.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.
Need Help? Let's chat.