cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proposal of a fixed and variable reward system

Balanceman
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen
Although I understand the process of reviewing a members contribution on a month to month basis to determine the variable reward amount that should be rewarded, would it not also be possible to analyze the users contributions throughout a longer period of time (ie 6 months, 1 year) and reward the member by providing a permanent monthly reward with no strings attached?

Such a system (combined system) would rewards members who contribute most consistently to the community through a sustained period of time and it would generally ignore time periods where the member would be traveling or where it is not convenient for the member to participate.

I think that it would certainly help with the involvement if the metre was not turned back to 0 on a monthly basis.

Just my 2 cents.
3 REPLIES 3

@Balanceman wrote:
Although I understand the process of reviewing a members contribution on a month to month basis to determine the variable reward amount that should be rewarded, would it not also be possible to analyze the users contributions throughout a longer period of time (ie 6 months, 1 year) and reward the member by providing a permanent monthly reward with no strings attached?

To some extent, the contributions are already evaluated after a member is active for a one year.  Those chosen to become oracles must have already been members for at least a year. They also happen to receive the highest community reward each month.
Sorry, but the permanent, no strings attached reward for people who have contributed over a 6 month of 1 year period just wouldn't work.  Those people could collect the rewards and not even log in ever again.
Keep in the mind that the communtiy rewards pay out very little compared to the amount of time that is required of members to achieve the top 0.1 and 0.5% levels.  People who spend that much time here aren't doing it for the reward amount.  The monthly reward is nice, but people who spends large amounts of time on the Community are doing so because they want to help, wish to read up about the company or cellular industry, or because they enjoy discussing cell phone technology and services with others.

I personally think we're lucky enough to get any rewards and resetting contributions each month provides more ofanoncentive to continue helping out in the community!

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

For consideration by the Public Mobile team, please move your idea to this location: http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Public-Lab/idb-p/Public_Lab/tab/most-recent

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.
Need Help? Let's chat.