cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Promotion/Badges

Karen24
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi

I don’t know a lot about public community since this is all new for me.

I have been promoted and been getting badges

What does that all mean???? 
Is there a benefit to that??

Karen

12 REPLIES 12

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

This is just for fun. Maybe it did have some meaning for whoever is using software running this forum (Khoros) but for PM members it is more indicator how active you are here.

Just pat on your back - keep posting, help others and be merry.

Karen24

Awesome reply!!

Thank you😀

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Karen24 

I side a bit with @Jb456 and a bit with @darlicious on this.

The majority of the early badges (other than the monthly reward badges) mean NOTHING.   There is no direct monetary benefit to them.

There may be, however, a feeling of accomplishment for some, causing that person to perhaps contribute more.  Think of it as throwing a dog a bone - the dog comes back for more.  This, indirectly, may cause that user to increase their participation rate to where it may 'count' towards rewards, namely # of posts, bravos, solutions.

Further, by attaining the higher ranks, one may be presumed to have reached some level of competency that newcomers may find to be well-informed.   However, we have seen in recent months that ranks can be achieved in many deserving (and not so deserving) ways, so even the ranking system leaves something to be desired.

So, to reiterate, just participate where and when you feel you have something valuable to contribute. 

Don't offer advice that you, yourself, wouldn't take towards a workable solution to a problem.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Karen24 

Welcome to the community!

Yes the badges don't hold monetary value but they do have some honour to them. If pm ever gets around to fixing the badges given to the top contributors then they do denote the amount of contributions, supportive help, volunteer time and genuine care the members that receive them have for the community, public mobile and their fellow customers.

Rankings also are representative to newer members and customers seeking help the tenure a community member may have in the community and whether they trust the advice being given. While it can be purely speculative certainly a mayor ranking can be reassuring enough over a great neighbour ranking if the suggestions given are opposing.

The top 1%, 5%, 10%, 25% and 50% badges also represent the small monetary token of appreciation public mobile rewards it's regular contributors with an active account and a linked email. Be sure to check your community account settings to ensure you have also confirmed your community account email.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@JL9  You can click the username to see the badges. So if you click Karen24 you'll see they got 4 badges today.

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Do you even get badges anymore, at least the community rewards ones? I thought I read they have been down for awhile and it seems like they only go up to last summer give or take 

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Thanks for this I always wondered what the categories were and how they were attained 

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Karen24 

PM is trying to get members to get involved on this Community and giving you badges…no benefits.

Karen24

Ok thank you very much for all the info😀

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@Karen24  Here is a very old list of the ranks and potentially when they will go up. It is no longer exact as all the tweaks and changes PM has done through the years it's different but will somewhat give you an idea.

Screenshot_20220327-184833_Chrome.jpg

Again doesn't mean anything nor do you get anything extra.

Karen24

Thank you😀

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@Karen24  Zero benefit. Just the forums itself have a system so you can interact with. You don't get anything for it. When Certain thresholds are reached you get a badge. Like creating 1st topic, X amount of posts ,X amount of bravos , solutions. And the longer you're on the forums and amount of posts and solutions you do then you'll start upgrading your rank. All the way up to Mayor eventually. You then can't go further as the next is Oracle and that is picked by Public Mobile and only a select few every year or so.

Need Help? Let's chat.