cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems texting with IPhone

juliedmtm
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am having difficulty with texting while not connected to wifi or data. Is it my Iphone Se that is not compatible?

6 REPLIES 6

jsmarjara
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

HI,

Most of time I disable I message to avoid delays as iPhone try to use data first and then try wireless network. If its disabled it use wireless network at first time.

@CannonFodder wrote:

@cavemantoronto wrote:

@juliedmtm wrote:

I am having difficulty with texting while not connected to wifi or data. Is it my Iphone Se that is not compatible?

Enable SMS. Imessage needs internet.

Every time I've seen this same issue on here, the advice is always the same, i.e. folks are always assuming iPhone users are always using iMessage by default..... is the issue never anything else? Did all these Apple users "drink the KoolAid", so to speak, and just bought into the idea that using iMessage is THE way to go? 🤔 

I think Apple turns off SMS by default. Why? Don't know. People don't understand that text message isn't sent using internet. SMS turned off means you can't send if there's no intermet.

iMessage isn't really text messaging. It's a program that uses up your data when you can send without data using SMS.

@cavemantoronto wrote:

@juliedmtm wrote:

Every time I've seen this same issue on here, the advice is always the same, i.e. folks are always assuming iPhone users are always using iMessage by default..... is the issue never anything else? Did all these Apple users "drink the KoolAid", so to speak, and just bought into the idea that using iMessage is THE way to go? 🤔 

Joelkim
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

You have to trust your new number on your iPhone. I have had the same problem before. Now it does work well! What I did do is to reboot my phone and then things went well 

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@juliedmtm wrote:

@juliedmtm That means that the issue is with your iMessage configuration. Make sure you have enabled SMS and MMS. Also consider turning off iMessage for 5 minutes and then turn back on to force any updates to occur.

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

@juliedmtm wrote:

Need Help? Let's chat.