cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems renewing subscribtion/credit card no longer working.

TPBandits
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

so judging by the same-ish few posts the last few days something on public mobiles end seems to have happened, i myself have been a public mobile customer for well over 5 years and had auto pay on the whole time, recently updated my credit card as it expired about a month or so ago, yesterday received a message "Your services are on hold. Your services are on hold due to the expiration of your subscription. If your services are on hold for more than 90 days, your account will be closed permanently and you'll lose your phone number." IMMEDIATLY shutting down my account, which is super impractical, a warning would have been nice, so i could fix the issue before my services were ended, and now i can no longer use my credit card to pay, as it says cannot process transaction when i put in my details, as i said before it seems a few people are having this problem all of a sudden, wondering if anyone has found a fix?

things ive tried to troubleshoot that have NOT worked:

-try different browser/device

-try again after 24 hrs

i do not have another credit card i can use and no, going to the local corner store for a prepaid card is not a solution, im not doing that every month i need to pay, thats ridiculous. ive read in an old post that sometimes credit cards can get blocked, im like 90% positive thats what happened to mine, so ill probably need a moderator to unblock mine

3 REPLIES 3

TPBandits
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

using the mobile app seems to have fixed the problem, thank you!

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@TPBandits 

Unfortunately, a few customers are still having issues with updating credit card information.

You can also try with PM app (with locator on).  If via website, you can also try a different web browser, clear cache or incognito mode.  Or try a different credit card (if available).

Here is some more information:

• Log out of your account and relog in before updating your card
  • If you attempted to update the same card multiple times please try again tomorrow or today with a different card as there is a daily limit on update attempts for security purposes. 
  • Make sure that your credit card postal code matches your phone number's area code
  • As always, please be sure that you are inputting the correct card details

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Resolved-Issues-Updating-Credit-Cards/t...

Verbal
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

This is probably a silly question but I can't quite tell by your post if you did this so here goes:

Did you update your expiry information in Public mobile? Sometimes they change the three digits on the back of the card as well.

Need Help? Let's chat.