cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems With US Roaming

Bvereshagen
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

We are now eighteen days into our four week trip to Washington, Oregon and California. To say I am disappointed with my purchased roaming service is putting it mildly. I have had voice and text service for less than three days in all three states even though I am showing connected to T-Mobile. On occasion my data seems to work even though I have no voice or text. I will save my money next time.

7 REPLIES 7

I've experienced 3 different areas in Hawaii and I've had fine talk and text. I had to go manual 2G for one of those areas.

It's all about coverage.

Bvereshagen

I will do that when I get home. Thanks.

Bvereshagen

Thanks Softech. I will do that when I get home.

Bvereshagen

Maybe it ought to have, but it didn't. I had a big T-Mobile icon on my home screen and no text or voice.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Text and data ought to have been fine for as long as you were in T-Mobile coverage. Coverage is not the responsibility of Public.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Bvereshagen   from what I know, Washington state is not great for voice

US has decommissioned its 3G network, our voice roaming is using only the old T-Mobile 2G network. The coverage is not as great and hence you had the issue you experienced

PM is aware of the situation and will enable VoLTE soon.  Until then, roaming voice would be hit or miss

But good news is that likley PM support will be able to do something to compensate your poor experience.  Please open ticket with PM Support: 

1. Please open ticket via Chatbot (need access to My Account): At https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", Then click "Other", then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" 

2. If you have trouble with Chatbot or you don't have access to My Account: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

cellphoneuser1
Mayor / Maire

@Bvereshagen wrote:

We are now eighteen days into our four week trip to Washington, Oregon and California. To say I am disappointed with my purchased roaming service is putting it mildly. I have had voice and text service for less than three days in all three states even though I am showing connected to T-Mobile. On occasion my data seems to work even though I have no voice or text. I will save my money next time.

That's because of 3G network shutdown in the states and the 2G network isn't good either.  Contact a Public Mobile CSA to see if they can help with the add-on fee.

Need Help? Let's chat.