cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with data

AngelaPeh
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have some data that requires me to turn on my cell data in order to use it.  Over the month or more I cannot use any data unless my phone is connected to wifi.  Can you help?

I have restarted my phone and turned data off and one.

Thank you,

Angela Peh

7 REPLIES 7

@AngelaPeh   Did you try to access internet from different app?  Safari, email, Map, try different one and see

If still fails, try to Reset Network setting.  Please note it will reset all your preset Wifi connections and you have to join them again

How to reset network settings on your iPhone
Open the Settings app. Tap General.
Scroll down to the bottom of the list. Tap Reset. The "Reset" option is at the bottom of the Settings menu. ...
Tap Reset Network Settings. Enter your passcode if prompted, then tap Reset Network Settings to confirm your choice.

AngelaPeh
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Yes my data used to work before.  For example, if I was in my car (no wifi nearby) I would turn on cell data and it would allow me to access the internet.  Now when I turn on my cell data I cannot connect to the internet.  I use an iPhone.  I just checked my account and I have available data to use but I cannot access it.

thank you,

angela

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

1. Is your data turned on?

2. Are your APN settings correct?

3. Do you have any apps turned off from being able to be used with data?

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@AngelaPeh 

When you have wifi available connected to your phone. You don’t need data for your phone to operate.

Data is only required when there are no wifi available to operate your phone.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@AngelaPeh wrote:

I have some data that requires me to turn on my cell data in order to use it.  Over the month or more I cannot use any data unless my phone is connected to wifi.  Can you help?

I have restarted my phone and turned data off and one.

@AngelaPeh  - would you please log into your self serve account and see if the data line exists under this area:

esjliv_0-1601935725902.png

If the line exists then you have data left to use. If the data line is not there that normally means you used it all up.

If you are showing data left on your account, try:

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@AngelaPeh 

Do you have an iPhone? Did you recently join public mobile or update your iOS? You may need to connect to iTunes and update your carrier profile or if you are using an Android phone edit your APN.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include in your private messaging only your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Has it ever worked here? Wifi is not cell data. It's a different internet connection.

Need Help? Let's chat.